JJZFL

2019 Preseason Thread

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

He is out of his mind. The offer he got was a fair offer. 
guys like that you don’t  need in your team.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No. 

The Celtics offered him 4/80 now because he's likely worth a little bit more in free agency if things stay mostly the same. 

If he improves he could be worth significantly more. 

Boston made the offer because it's a good deal for Boston, not Brown. 

Popovitch had a lot of good things to say about him this summer on the World Cup team; and if he has a breakout year his value will definitely exceed the $20M/yr average. The ONLY question will be if someone is willing to tie up their salary cap bidding for him as a restricted FA; or if he will have to settle for the qualifying offer or a short (1-2 yr) contract before becoming unrestricted. I expect the C's to come back with another offer sooner than later. 

In comparison, Buddy Hield is ranting about being disrespected because Sacramento has only offered him a 4yr/$90M extension. Now granted, Brown is not the scorer/offensive centerpiece that Hield is, but I would argue that because of what he does defensively, that they are reasonably comparable players. 

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Popovitch had a lot of good things to say about him this summer on the World Cup team; and if he has a breakout year his value will definitely exceed the $20M/yr average. The ONLY question will be if someone is willing to tie up their salary cap bidding for him as a restricted FA; or if he will have to settle for the qualifying offer or a short (1-2 yr) contract before becoming unrestricted. I expect the C's to come back with another offer sooner than later. 

In comparison, Buddy Hield is ranting about being disrespected because Sacramento has only offered him a 4yr/$90M extension. Now granted, Brown is not the scorer/offensive centerpiece that Hield is, but I would argue that because of what he does defensively, that they are reasonably comparable players. 

I'm trying to figure out if hield is worth trading for. 

Because he's small and bad at defense he doesn't fit. But he's exceptional at shooting. He's something like 5th in pull up threes last year. 

And we have 187 games that say he's almost a 43% three point shooter overall. 

But can he be a number one scoring option? I've been thinking about that all day. 

I don’t think our front office would deal for Hield because he’s not a two way player. 
tonight’s game will be interesting and a good gauge of where we are. I imagine we will go with starters if Evan can go. Our preseason has been kind of crappy and I’m concerned about our half court offense; hopefully it will be rectified. 

42 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm trying to figure out if hield is worth trading for. 

Because he's small and bad at defense he doesn't fit. But he's exceptional at shooting. He's something like 5th in pull up threes last year. 

And we have 187 games that say he's almost a 43% three point shooter overall. 

But can he be a number one scoring option? I've been thinking about that all day. 

I like him more than Jaylen Brown, but what would the trade look like?

9 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

He wants to get paid a lot of money I’m sure close to max. Is it worth the cap space for a one trick pony?

I have no idea. 

He doesn't fit our philosophy but if he can be a number one option we can make that exception

If he's a number one option we can trade stuff for him and max him. 

I have no idea if he's a number one option

Maybe he has a higher ceiling. He keeps getting better. 

Maybe he's just Jamal Crawford. 

I'm having a hard time figuring out what he is. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No. 

The Celtics offered him 4/80 now because he's likely worth a little bit more in free agency if things stay mostly the same. 

If he improves he could be worth significantly more. 

Boston made the offer because it's a good deal for Boston, not Brown. 

Maybe. But Boston is not know to offer player extensions like that.  I like Brown but not as much as other players who are currently earning around that 20 million per year range. He feels as he is a max player and that is not happening. He is a 20 million dollar player per year in my opinion. Maybe around 20-25 Per. The reason I said he is crazy is that you take the Guarantee money NOW. Dont risk it for an additional 2-3 millions a year. What if he get injured? Just like it happened to Isaiah thomas. Or what if this tear doesn't go well and ends up like Noel. 
if you ask me, 20 millions a year is fair to secure that 80 million guaranteed contract. I think that will be a smart move on his part. I dont think his game improving much with Kemba running the point and all this other SG/SF’s in the team that also wants to show production this year.

Btw, i like Hield more than Brown and think even Hield is a 25 million per year guy.  

• Like 1