JJZFL

2019 Preseason Thread

20 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He kind of leaps off the screen when you're watching him. He's going to be pretty decent assuming health which is a very large assumption. 

I agree. I was responding more to the next Payton comments

So in 3 games we've had 3 different offensive fultz performances. 

Game 1 overly aggressive to the point of sloppiness. 

Game 2 a really great balance between attacking and just playing within the offense. 

Game 3 I think he was too passive. Needs to get into the paint more. 

So the Hawks broadcast mentioned Fultz had a procedure for TOS. Part of me thinks they just misspoke or had faulty info. But then I think about the Magic’s Fultz media parade to start training camp and it sure as hell would make a lot of sense... 

53 minutes ago, Captain said:

After last night, what do you guys think of Fultz 3 point form?

Horrible and jerky, he's not smooth at all. It looks like set shots from beyond the arc are very difficult for him. Why? I am not sure. It could be the shoulder being stiff or maybe he just has to workout his shooting form for consistency. Any other shots (fadeaways, floaters, pull ups) are all fine and pretty smooth for the most part. 

*EDIT* I imagine that not being able to shoot correctly because of muscles/nerve issues for months (in this case almost two years) would affect your shooting form and it will take a while to get back to normal if hes just recently healthy again. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

You haven’t seen enough of him yet to safely  conclude that he is already better than Payton defensively?

correct. He has not even played a regular season game. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

So in 3 games we've had 3 different offensive fultz performances. 

Game 1 overly aggressive to the point of sloppiness. 

Game 2 a really great balance between attacking and just playing within the offense. 

Game 3 I think he was too passive. Needs to get into the paint more. 

he was 2 for 10 from the field. So it was the most shot he has taken in a year. I do agree. He needs to take every open shot to get comfortable - especially in preseason. 

vs 2017 summer league

he is not as comfortable as he was coming out of college. He is still very rusty. 

I kind of have a similar problem that Fultz does when he shoots. I think it's just all mental, because when I shoot I'm so focused on the mechanics people would tell me my shot has a hitch to it. But I wouldn't notice, when I see Fultz shoot I feel like he so focused on the mechanics it makes it difficult to shoot off the dribble, but in a catch in shoot situation where he can set his feet I feel like he'll do ok. Like in his fts he had no issues hitting them, and also when it comes to those driving fade away shots it's just reps and routine hes so used to doing that it looks smoother (same thing for me). So with proper training and more reps next offseason it should improve.

14 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I kind of have a similar problem that Fultz does when he shoots. I think it's just all mental, because when I shoot I'm so focused on the mechanics people would tell me my shot has a hitch to it. But I wouldn't notice, when I see Fultz shoot I feel like he so focused on the mechanics it makes it difficult to shoot off the dribble, but in a catch in shoot situation where he can set his feet I feel like he'll do ok. Like in his fts he had no issues hitting them, and also when it comes to those driving fade away shots it's just reps and routine hes so used to doing that it looks smoother (same thing for me). So with proper training and more reps next offseason it should improve.

I agree. I hope it improves soon. We can not keep having every defense player in the paint because he keeps passing up OPEN looks. 

50 minutes ago, Captain said:

After last night, what do you guys think of Fultz 3 point form?

It's bad. We need more time to see how effective it is.