JJZFL

2019 Preseason Thread

Ok. So. Things I notice:

I liked the pace fultz played with tonight. couldn't figure out what he reminded me of but The Lando on Twitter pointed it out perfectly. He moves exactly like Steve Nash with a live dribble. Floppy, jerkey mixed pace, calm with the ball. Really like how he plays with the ball. Really like his on ball defense. Really like how he gets through screens. 

He played really bad off ball in the first half. Fell asleep when he wasn't involved in the action like 4 times. 

Bamba is playing really well. Physical, aggressive, shooting with confidence. Really impressed with how he's moving on the perimeter. He trapped a guard a few times. Exactly what we need from him. 

But he might be the worst screen setter I've ever seen and does a really poor job positioning himself on cuts and rolls. He doesn't find gaps well and doesn't open passing lanes for himself. It's weird because this seems like it'd be the easiest skills for centers to develop. He's been great at so many other things though. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok. So. Things I notice:

I liked the pace fultz played with tonight. couldn't figure out what he reminded me of but The Lando on Twitter pointed it out perfectly. He moves exactly like Steve Nash with a live dribble. Floppy, jerkey mixed pace, calm with the ball. Really like how he plays with the ball. Really like his on ball defense. Really like how he gets through screens. 

He played really bad off ball in the first half. Fell asleep when he wasn't involved in the action like 4 times. 

Bamba is playing really well. Physical, aggressive, shooting with confidence. Really impressed with how he's moving on the perimeter. He trapped a guard a few times. Exactly what we need from him. 

But he might be the worst screen setter I've ever seen and does a really poor job positioning himself on cuts and rolls. He doesn't find gaps well and doesn't open passing lanes for himself. It's weird because this seems like it'd be the easiest skills for centers to develop. He's been great at so many other things though. 

Yeah. On Fultz, there was two times that he hesitated on a three and decided to drive in off of a completely open shot from behind the arc— one resulted in a nice reverse layup, and the other ended in I believe a blocked lay up.

He’s struggling from three and his form looks bad, but I’d really prefer him to continue shooting with confidence when he’s open. 

Totals for first 2 games: 104 boards, 61 dimes, 26 steals, 13 blocks and 39.4 from deep - even considering it’s preseason the overall picture appears bright!!              

51 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Yeah. On Fultz, there was two times that he hesitated on a three and decided to drive in off of a completely open shot from behind the arc— one resulted in a nice reverse layup, and the other ended in I believe a blocked lay up.

He’s struggling from three and his form looks bad, but I’d really prefer him to continue shooting with confidence when he’s open. 

I saw that. Playing very well otherwise. Hopefully it comes around.