JJZFL

2019 Preseason Thread

Or if you just want to do it this way:

Preseason stats so far

Fultz: 6.7ppg on 32/0/100 shooting; 2 rpg; team high 4.3 apg; 2 spg

Augustin: 6ppg 32/33/75 shooting; 1 rpg; 3 apg; 1.7 spg

MCW: 6.7 ppg 53/0/67 shooting; 4.3 rpg; 3 apg; team high 2.7 spg. 

You'd have to rank them 

1. MCW

2. Fultz

3. DJ

If we were exclusively looking at preseason numbers and nothing else

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Or if you just want to do it this way:

Preseason stats so far

Fultz: 6.7ppg on 32/0/100 shooting; 2 rpg; team high 4.3 apg; 2 spg

Augustin: 6ppg 32/33/75 shooting; 1 rpg; 3 apg; 1.7 spg

MCW: 6.7 ppg 53/0/67 shooting; 4.3 rpg; 3 apg; team high 2.7 spg. 

You'd have to rank them 

1. MCW

2. Fultz

3. DJ

If we were exclusively looking at preseason numbers and nothing else

Perfect point 

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I thought Burch’s 3 pointer in the corner last night looked pretty sweet; good controlled motion very similar to AG shooting motion.

I believe in Birch like he's my son. Super underrated. His jumper, especially

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TRoss43 said:

After 3 games of pre-season...if you were told you had to cut 1 of 3 players that include DJ, MCW and Fultz, which one would it be? No context...no extrapolation...just results that you've seen from each. I want to believe in Fultz but I'm not seeing what a lot of folks on here are with him. Even if I took his 3 point shooting, which is obviously abysmal right now, I just don't see all this athleticism and fluidity with the ball in his hands. What am I missing?

I do see the talent but dj and McW are much better today. I need to see more mins from Fultz but he has good pace, Size, and finishes around the basket. His lack of shooting and lack of willingness to shoot scares me. 

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You really don't see athleticism and fluidity?

Athleticism 

Fluidity

Athleticism and fluidity

Fluidity

Athleticism

Bonus: passing vision

And I wish I had more clips of his passing because it's very likely he's the best passer on the team. 

He's got a quick first step and stop/start ability that creates a ton of space against defenders. 

And he's a good defensive player who does a really good job getting through screens. He's averaging 2 steals per game so far in the preseason. 

If we had to cut someone you'd cut MCW first. He's 28. He's a situational role player. We gave him a one year minimum contract for a reason. He's defense only and isn't likely to get better. 

Next you cut DJ because he's a 32 year old player on an expiring contract who doesn't fit our long term plans or our overall team building thesis. 

Fultz is 21 and would be an upgrade overall over MCW if all he can be is a backup and never got better than he is today. But he's also got the ingredients in his game that gives him franchise player upside and his ceiling is going to be dependent on his offensive efficiency. 

He was giving a hypothetical. Of course you keep Fultz and development him. He needs to be the PG of the future.  The only thing holding him back is his lack of shooting. But MCW is the best defender on the team (Isaac is close) and DJ is the best shooter (Ross is close). MCW's contract is a deal.

15 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's still 4 minutes though. 

It also happen a lot last year. It was one of the reasons we improved when he went down last year. Grant not playing also helped. Grant was the worst player on the team. 

36 minutes ago, LaVar said:

It also happen a lot last year. It was one of the reasons we improved when he went down last year. Grant not playing also helped. Grant was the worst player on the team. 

Simmons says hello. No you’re right though, Grant was worse

MCW's feel on offense is so bad so of course you'd cut him despite his good defense. Fultz is dangerous in space since he's good at getting into the paint and making plays so this minimizes his low gravity from the lack of shooting. That said, he does need to get his mid-range pull-up game going.

2 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

MCW's feel on offense is so bad so of course you'd cut him despite his good defense. Fultz is dangerous in space since he's good at getting into the paint and making plays so this minimizes his low gravity from the lack of shooting. That said, he does need to get his mid-range pull-up game going.

I would say MCW defense is great not good.

I agree, it is imperative for fultz to have at the least the mid range. I am about to write a letter to this dude. I can take it no more. 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, J-Mac said:

18 sec left on the shot clock and you've already missed 3 fg don't shoot they're sagging off for a reason and you shooting just plays to their defense. Now 7 sec left and you're open pull it especially if it's a catch and shoot situation 

He needs to gun. It is preseason. They can suck on this smoke because I am launch every shot. No questions. No hesitation. If he initiated the offense and the ball swings back to him and he is open. Gun. If my man is 5 ft away. Gun. You have my permission.