JJZFL

2019 Preseason Thread

14 hours ago, LaVar said:

I do have to see him more before I call him better defender than anyone.... to be honest. 

You haven’t seen enough of him yet to safely  conclude that he is already better than Payton defensively?

27 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

You haven’t seen enough of him yet to safely  conclude that he is already better than Payton defensively?

Adding on, this was from the Ringer Article that got linked a few pages back: “Worth remembering: The Sixers allowed 106.1 points per 100 non-garbage-time possessions with Fultz on the floor last season, according to Cleaning the Glass, which would’ve been a top-three full-season mark.”

I get preaching patience, but I think it’s obvious that health is the only thing that’s going to hold Fultz back from being a very good player for us, not skill or defensive aptitude.

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Payton played great defense about 37 times for about 5 minutes each during his time with us. IMO his defensive weakness made Vuc's defense look worse than it really is because players would blow by EP and come at Vuc with a full head of steam.

2 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Adding on, this was from the Ringer Article that got linked a few pages back: “Worth remembering: The Sixers allowed 106.1 points per 100 non-garbage-time possessions with Fultz on the floor last season, according to Cleaning the Glass, which would’ve been a top-three full-season mark.”

I get preaching patience, but I think it’s obvious that health is the only thing that’s going to hold Fultz back from being a very good player for us, not skill or defensive aptitude.

I know we are talking defense right now, but regarding how I think Fultz can help us on offense Clifford said the other day on the Orlando Pinstriped Post Podcast that by the numbers the best thing you can do (regarding NBA offense) is:

1) Get to the free-throw line

2) Shoot a layup

3) A corner three

Fultz should be able to help us with 1 & 2, but might not be able to hit the corner three right now because he seems more comfortable getting his points in the paint; however, that doesn't mean he can't drive and pass it to someone who can, right? If he can stay healthy I think he might get most of his minutes late in the game when it's on the line. 

6 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Here comes are periodic starting point guard debate already.  In my opinion, Kenyon dooling should start.  

5 hours ago, Gordon4thewin said:

Carlos Arroyo has my vote.

I think we should start either Sam Vincent or Morlon Wiley!

9 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I know we are talking defense right now, but regarding how I think Fultz can help us on offense Clifford said the other day on the Orlando Pinstriped Post Podcast that by the numbers the best thing you can do (regarding NBA offense) is:

1) Get to the free-throw line

2) Shoot a layup

3) A corner three

Fultz should be able to help us with 1 & 2, but might not be able to hit the corner three right now because he seems more comfortable getting his points in the paint; however, that doesn't mean he can't drive and pass it to someone who can, right? If he can stay healthy I think he might get most of his minutes late in the game when it's on the line. 

Yeah, he should be the guy setting up the corner 3s.