JJZFL

2019 Preseason Thread

Been away for a while as its footy season down here in Australia, just been keeping up to date on twitter. Gee whiz i'm pumped, Fultz looks like hes gonna be a positive. I have to try and calm myself down when i see some of his highlights. We will get the natural progression from Isaac, Gordon and Bamba, but i believe the biggest thing that needs to happen is for Evan to pick up his game again, he was deplorable last year and i was his biggest critic. After watching him in the WC i'm optimistic he will be good again. Its huge for us for him to give us what hes capable of. Go Magic. Could not be more pumped for this season. Our young core has the highest ceiling of any team bar none. 

• Upvote 1

Fournier didnt look that pleased with not getting any touches from what i saw, I might be wrong though sermed annoyed at a few AG isos.

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We traded him for the other guy that would go behind the back and dribble it out of bounds or get it stolen by the defender. We fleeced the 6ers in that trade but hindsight is always 20/20. Either way glad we took the gamble and hopefully found our PG of the future. 

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

We traded him for the other guy that would go behind the back and dribble it out of bounds or get it stolen by the defender. We fleeced the 6ers in that trade but hindsight is always 20/20. Either way glad we took the gamble and hopefully found our PG of the future. 

We didn't really need hindsight. In the moment we knew we fleeced them

Just now, ?4thewin said:

We didn't really need hindsight. In the moment we knew we fleeced them

Lol that’s very true. Glad to be on the winning side of one of those trades for once. It’s astonishing they gift wrapped him for us and just handed him over. There’s  going to be a chip on his shoulder for the rest of his career and we will benefit from that nastiness he will bring every night. 

The day the trade came down i was floored when we kept our own pick and only traded the Thunder pick. Even though Simmons played awful last year his contract made sense for the Sixers. I like to think that trade  was payback for when Philly fleeced us in the Elfrid trade. Sixers have made so many mistakes in the draft.

Actually, the 3 worst teams the last 8 years were the Lakers,Magic and Sixers. All 3 teams will be in the playoffs this year,barring injury. All 3 teams will be without a significant amount of the players drafted during the years we lost. The NBA is a strange place.

Saw the game last night. I like that Fultz has a point guards mentality. He will find his shot  sometime until then  they are telling him to find his teammates.

Gordon is obviously trying to be the alpha. We will see if this is good. Fournier and Vucevic look like their old selves, for better or worse. Bamba,Isaac, and Ross look the best besides Gordon. These guys have crazy athleticism and when you see it come together with skill it's simply amazing. I hope Bamba learns to set a screen and defend the pick and roll.His potential as a stretch 5 is crazy. You can see the type of team we are putting together, it's fast and disruptive.am

Putting this way down here because i know i'm 3 months too early. If Bamba looks real good i can completely see a trade with the Celtics where we swap Vucevic and Hayward. I expect regression from Vooch, not because he is bad but because we move towards other options. I honestly do not expect him or Fournier to happily take less shots. Time will tell. Feel free to flame me because i know i shouldn't be bringing this stuff up so early.

It's going to be difficult balancing fultz's ability to really stand out when he's on the court with what his actual net production is.

Magic fans have had problems conceptualizing the difference between what a player does in a stretch on the court with who a player is most of the time. I can see that happening again with fultz. 

Or maybe he'll improve at a high rate leaving this discussion moot.

Basically, what I'm saying is, you don't need to be some basketball genius to see some sort of high level dynamism with fultz on the court. I have no doubt, assuming health, he's the point guard of the future and someone that's going to unlock this team's next gear.

But just like fans who said Isaac was already an elite defensive player last year after inconsistent stretches of great defensive play we need to understand that "starting point guard of the future" doesn't necessarily mean "starting point guard of November or April"

He might just be "starting point guard of October 2020 and dynamic inconsistent backup of now"

Or maybe the rust gets knocked off in the next two weeks and he's starting by Thanksgiving. I don't know. But we need to balance short term expectations