JJZFL

2019 Preseason Thread

26 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I am so excited to watch our guys this year. This may be a piping hot take, but I'm really not ruling out a trip to the FINALS if EVERYTHING falls into place. Our depth is very deep. Aminu defending other benchs will make us stifling. JI and Bamba look poised for breakout year. AG is becoming THAT guy. Fultz COULD be #1 pick Fultz by March. Evan could bounce back. Do you guys agree or disagree? Obviously this is ABSOLUTE best case scenario for the season but I'm not ruling it out one bit

We have 17 minutes of a sample so far which is nothing (so this could be something that changes completely when our sample doubles tonight) but I think we need to project fultz more closer to "rookie year De'aaron Fox" than "potential starter on a finals team" for this season. 

I agree and we’re still very young. I like our trajectory. I think Fultz will improve daily. We were also listed as the biggest team in NBA. I feel our defense is going to be top 5 and if we can be top 10 in offense; not a stretch, we are potential top 3 in East. 

1 hour ago, andrew2018022 said:

I am so excited to watch our guys this year. This may be a piping hot take, but I'm really not ruling out a trip to the FINALS if EVERYTHING falls into place. Our depth is very deep. Aminu defending other benchs will make us stifling. JI and Bamba look poised for breakout year. AG is becoming THAT guy. Fultz COULD be #1 pick Fultz by March. Evan could bounce back. Do you guys agree or disagree? Obviously this is ABSOLUTE best case scenario for the season but I'm not ruling it out one bit

The East is embarrassingly worse than the West, so it's not outside the realm of possibility

I'm eager to see how the Magic do against western conference teams.  A losing record to eastern conference teams is an immediate failure of progression.  

51 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I'm eager to see how the Magic do against western conference teams.  A losing record to eastern conference teams is an immediate failure of progression.  

Yeah. If we have a losing record against the east we're not going to be close to making the playoffs unless there's some weird scenario where we go 25-27 against the east and 16-14 against the west. 

Last year we went 30-22 against the east and 12-18 against the west.