Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Will AG Become Elite?

Will AG Become Elite?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is this coming season the year AG becomes elite?

• Yes... He will become a star
    • No... but he will still improve
    • No... he is what he is

Is this coming season the year AG becomes elite? Given that AG just finished the season as a 23 years old, I submit the following stat lines of players when they were 23 years old. Most would be considered stars, and one of these stat lines belongs to AG. What line belongs to what player?

Player One - 16.5 pts, 7.2 trb, 2.5 ast, 47 fg% and 34 3p%

Player Two - 16 pts, 4.8 trb, 3.9 ast , 43 fg% and 34 3p%

Player Three - 16 pts, 7.4 trb, 3.7 ast, 44 fg% and 34 3p%

Player Four - 14.7 pts, 6.7 trb, 2.2 ast, 46 fg% and 33 3p%

Player Five - 21.7 pts, 6.8 trb, 3.5 ast, 42 fg% and 36 3p%

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I hesitantly voted for no but he will improve but I suppose that depends on your definition of star. I think he might be an all star in the next 2 or 3 years but I don't think he'll be the best player on an ECF or greater team. Hope I'm wrong though. At a guess I'd say player 1 is AG, interested to know the other guys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Is this coming season the year AG becomes elite? Given that AG just finished the season as a 23 years old, I submit the following stat lines of players when they were 23 years old. Most would be considered stars, and one of these stat lines belongs to AG. What line belongs to what player?

AG is either 1 or 3.

It depends on your definition of star. He is a top 50 player right now imo.  Where his upward trend will stop depends on his mental abilities and coaching. Dribble with a purpose Learn angles and positioning. If and it’s a big if, he can do that then yes he can be special if not, he is still very good. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m pretty sure Kawhi is one and AG is three.

Spoiler alert:

Player One - Leonard

Player Two - Oladipo

Player Three - Gordon

Player Four - Harris

Player Five - George

Gordon is in very good company and his development looks very promising.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Spoiler alert:

Player One - Leonard

Player Two - Oladipo

Player Three - Gordon

Player Four - Harris

Player Five - George

Gordon is in very good company and his development looks very promising.

Great post

I voted no, but he will improve. If we would’ve let Vucevic walk I would’ve voted yes. I don’t see our style of playing around Vucevic changing, which probably hinders AG more than anyone else, but I think he’ll take another stride. What he showed me in the playoffs was a player ready to take another jump. 

First of all, excellent post Soul Bro! I voted YES, but I miss read the question and didn't see the part about this year. I think eventually he will become elite and this year we will see a significant improvement. His 3 point shot was really coming along towards the end of last year and I think he will build on that and maybe even come up with a step-back jumper to add to his arsenal. He's driven and putting in the work. It may be another year or two so I hope we can stay patient.

Oh, I should add that I am also including his defensive prowess. That should get better too. I think everything should be included when we are evaluating guys.

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I voted no, but he will improve. If we would’ve let Vucevic walk I would’ve voted yes. I don’t see our style of playing around Vucevic changing, which probably hinders AG more than anyone else, but I think he’ll take another stride. What he showed me in the playoffs was a player ready to take another jump. 

Yea, pretty much were I stand. He has all the tools and work ethic but I'm not sure if our style will ever lend itself to him obtaining the numbers needed to reach the level of elite or recurring all star. 

• Like 1