Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

15 hours ago, Notguilty said:

Greg Swartz and Woz via bleacherreport predicting Vuc fa destination “stays on Magic on a 5 yr deal”

Sure.. for a few minutes. He will be traded later to sacramento.  

46 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Sure.. for a few minutes. He will be traded later to sacramento.  

Sacramento would be a legit team with Vuc and maybe a lowkey but great wing like Bojan Bogdanovic.

Here are a couple lists of players.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-free-agency-50-under-the-radar-players-on-the-free-agent-market-from-patrick-beverley-to-derrick-rose/

And

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-free-agency-rankings-top-50-players-include-finals-mvp-kawhi-leonard-injured-kevin-durant-and-kyrie-irving/

Add me to the list of guys who wouldn't mind letting Vucevic walk.

If Ross walks too i think we could get a few guys to come here. If anything this offseason will show if we have changed the perception of the organization.

If we do lose both i know we will be bargain hunting, they aren't scrambling to clear room for a big deal.

12 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Sacramento would be a legit team with Vuc and maybe a lowkey but great wing like Bojan Bogdanovic.

I expect Bojan coming our way..

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I expect Bojan coming our way..

Bojan with Vucevic and Fultz actually playing would turn us into a 4th or 5th seed.

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We can't afford him

I like him more than Ross but tend to agree. If we’re going to shell out big money, I’d rather go with an all-star (not likely) or young guard.

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The main problem with Ross (and any roster move that doesn't net us a star) is it doesn't matter what someone makes in year 1 of the deal, it kind of matters what they make in year 2 but not really, but there really can't be a year 3 of the deal and if there is it needs to be extremely tradable. 4 year deals would really hurt us. 

So it's easy for teams to outbid us. It's also really easy for us to get carried away and kill our future for a role player

So a 3+1 team option is the best we can do years wise then I suppose. 

22 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

So a 3+1 team option is the best we can do years wise then I suppose. 

Pretty much. It's why I'm looking for a trade. 

Nearly impossible, but I'd love to do a S&T of Vuc to Boston for Brown. If Cs get Kemba, with 1 ball, no fit for Brown with Kemba/Hayward/Tatum. Helps both teams out perfectly.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Nearly impossible, but I'd love to do a S&T of Vuc to Boston for Brown. If Cs get Kemba, with 1 ball, no fit for Brown with Kemba/Hayward/Tatum. Helps both teams out perfectly.

That's a trade that needed to happen before  last season. 

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

It's difficult to do that because

-byc rules come into play when you double vucevic's salary

-Boston would be operating as an over the cap team so they'd have to match vucevic's salary by adding in another 10 million ish to the trade (which is basically limited to just smart)

-Boston loves brown.