Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's a version of free agency where teams in win now mode miss on top free agents and decide to throw a bunch of money on floor spacers and scorers

Yeah, I’ve had Ross to LaLa Land ever since the AD trade, unfortunately. Don’t think they’re gonna get another max guy so they’ll over pay Ross and probably Bojan to surround LeBrow with shooters

The main problem with Ross (and any roster move that doesn't net us a star) is it doesn't matter what someone makes in year 1 of the deal, it kind of matters what they make in year 2 but not really, but there really can't be a year 3 of the deal and if there is it needs to be extremely tradable. 4 year deals would really hurt us. 

So it's easy for teams to outbid us. It's also really easy for us to get carried away and kill our future for a role player

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The main problem with Ross (and any roster move that doesn't net us a star) is it doesn't matter what someone makes in year 1 of the deal, it kind of matters what they make in year 2 but not really, but there really can't be a year 3 of the deal and if there is it needs to be extremely tradable. 4 year deals would really hurt us. 

So it's easy for teams to outbid us. It's also really easy for us to get carried away and kill our future for a role player

Could we not do a large year one with de-escalating years after?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New Orleans is declining the qualifying offer on Cheick Diallo, which will make him an unrestricted free agent, league sources tell ESPN. Diallo, 22, adds another quality young big to the marketplace next week.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1143998690488717317?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like him as a replacement for Martin. The kid showed flashes whenever he got minutes.

31 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Could we not do a large year one with de-escalating years after?

Sure. But they have to be within 5% difference

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, The Boss said:

If you give Vuc a long term deal (3+ years), and he goes back to the Vuc we know (which I think he will), then he will not be tradeable. 

You're right and our front office knows every team's interest level in Vuc the past couple years. I doubt they out themselves in a hole over him

On 6/25/2019 at 7:42 AM, ?4thewin said:

Basically this. 

Also we're 5 months into this process from a medical perspective with 3 months left. 

I'm extremely confident that he'll be back to his normal self by the time we get to training camp. 

What I'm worried about is a relapse when we get into the season. 

Inferring from what we've seen so far, he gets sporadic numbness and pain due to repetitive motion. When he stops that repetitive motion for a while he feels better and returns to activities. That's when you get Drew Hanlen tweeting out how awesome he looks. Fultz begins repetitive motion again. Then it comes back. 

So he's stopped repetitive motion again and added in physical therapy to remove the nerve compression. Soon (if not already) we'll resume repetitive motion with indefinite physical therapy as maintenance. 

So I'm a little worried about October. I'm more worried about December. When fatigue sets in and he's been screened 400 times and shot a bunch of threes is he going to relapse?

This is also why we won't provide any updates. It's entirely possible that he looks 100% normal today but looks terrible after training camp. We don't want the added analysis by fans and media. Also we don't want that analysis causing Fultz to push through the injury to hide his relapse. 

Excellent! This is all very encouraging and I will take good news wherever it comes from but, one of the most obvious problems was that Philly rushed the kid back and did not restrict his minutes either. So the concern going forward is....... are we making the same mistakes with him. I seen the video of him doing some dynamic ball handing and beautiful drives to the rim, but no mid-range or 3 pointers! Don't get me wrong, I love what I see, but my hopes are that he recovers. 

If things go bad we can be in a really poor position again it's a scary 12 months or it could be really exciting.

If we lose Vucevic and Ross, and fultz doesn't play (theres and scary scenario where we'll never see him play). Mo Bamba I find really exciting seeing his potential, but theres a chance he doesn't work out either. 

That would leave us in a very poor position with only 2 positives in Gordon and Isaac and cap room which could be for a small market useless.

On the contrary of everything works out we are in a great position to improve in the east. 

10 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Excellent! This is all very encouraging and I will take good news wherever it comes from but, one of the most obvious problems was that Philly rushed the kid back and did not restrict his minutes either. So the concern going forward is....... are we making the same mistakes with him. I seen the video of him doing some dynamic ball handing and beautiful drives to the rim, but no mid-range or 3 pointers! Don't get me wrong, I love what I see, but my hopes are that he recovers. 

Unfortunately that video was a recent repost from Fultz from last offseason with the 76ers.