Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

18 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I love Vuc's offensive game but I will never get the image of him standing still with his arms straight out to the side while a guard goes around him for a layup... and all the layup drills against him we've seen over the years. Teams were game planning to go at Vuc for the win in crunch time.

Trust me. I don’t want him back.

Him or Fournier.

I just rather start Birch.

I also love Kemba (obviously) but wouldn’t mind Russell.

I just don’t know about Fultz.

I'll worried about Bamba. Since his injury was with his leg, I assume most of his weight gain is upper body. That's even more weight for his legs to support, so I really fear more injury for him.

What do you all think? Are my fears unfounded?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, HeartAndHustle said:

I'll worried about Bamba. Since his injury was with his leg, I assume most of his weight gain is upper body. That's even more weight for his legs to support, so I really fear more injury for him.

What do you all think? Are my fears unfounded?

Ehh.. not much into it. Not just yet. I mean, most of the big guys in the league has suffered similar injuries, including Vooch. 

Same goes with embidd and some others. 

Too early ro feel that way.

12 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

D96wHsOXoAAiIg5.jpg

There are a couple of absences that do surprise me - where is Melvin Frazier, Jr? I'm a little disappointed that Fultz isn't on there, though not super surprised. It looks like we have walked away from Jerian Grant (yay), Jarrell Martin (?), and Troy Caupain as well, since we didn't make any of them a qualifying offer to keep them as restricted free agents. I am surprised that we didn't make Martin a qualifying offer, but we did make one to Jefferson. Also, I guess the front office decided we don't need Isaac to play summer league either. 

25 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

There are a couple of absences that do surprise me - where is Melvin Frazier, Jr? I'm a little disappointed that Fultz isn't on there, though not super surprised. It looks like we have walked away from Jerian Grant (yay), Jarrell Martin (?), and Troy Caupain as well, since we didn't make any of them a qualifying offer to keep them as restricted free agents. I am surprised that we didn't make Martin a qualifying offer, but we did make one to Jefferson. Also, I guess the front office decided we don't need Isaac to play summer league either. 

Frazier is hurt.

We don't want Fultz under a microscope.

If Ross leaves we need Martin's cap space to find a Ross replacement and if Ross doesn't leave we can always use a portion of the MLE to bring Martin back if we want to. 

Third year players don't really play summer league. Bamba is only going to play one or two games as is. 

28 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I don’t think Issac should play. He’s far enough into development that additional court time is an unneeded risk. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Frazier is hurt.

We don't want Fultz under a microscope.

If Ross leaves we need Martin's cap space to find a Ross replacement and if Ross doesn't leave we can always use a portion of the MLE to bring Martin back if we want to. 

Third year players don't really play summer league. Bamba is only going to play one or two games as is. 

I somehow missed that Frazier is hurt. 

Is Frazier worth continuing to develop in the first place?  I don't really see the appeal.  He doesn't seem like an NBA player to me, although I get that it's early.

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Is Frazier worth continuing to develop in the first place?  I don't really see the appeal.  He doesn't seem like an NBA player to me, although I get that it's early.

I think it's a case of he's already guaranteed, so we might as well continue trying to develop him; but if we don't see something by the middle of the season, I would expect him to be cut/waived. 

11 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

The Get Up crew just said that Fultz’s issues have to be mental because of the dunks he did. Kinda irresponsible to not research a bit more before saying that. 

Who knows...I know with TOS you can still dunk, you can still lift, you can still do things but when that nerve is messing with you, hands are tingling, it can give you fits in some other things.

I haven’t been clinically diagnosed with it, starting to think it may be Carple Tunnel so I’m not 100 percent sure if I can relate but days that my hands are tingling, it’s a freaking nuisance just to have my hand on the steering wheel. Constant stretching and fascia relief, etc.