Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

14 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Relying on development of the youngsters like Isaac, Gordon, fultz and bamba, a pick and a fa while setting you up with financial flexibility for the future is by far the best we can do 

the goal is not to be a perennial 8th seed. The goal is to build a real contender. You will not get that if you keep starting Fournier or pay vucevic long term crazy money 

This comment is perfect!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Relying on development of the youngsters like Isaac, Gordon, fultz and bamba, a pick and a fa while setting you up with financial flexibility for the future is by far the best we can do 

the goal is not to be a perennial 8th seed. The goal is to build a real contender. You will not get that if you keep starting Fournier or pay vucevic long term crazy money 

While I agree with the notion of developing the young guys, letting all 3 go feels like a bottom out. Even if we don't make the playoffs next year we absolutely want to be in the same ballpark. I think a better solution is signing/keeping 1-2 of the three so we remain competitive while also giving our young guys the opportunity to flourish. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I tend to agree, that you will not get there if you keep starting Fournier and pay Vucevic long term crazy money. I think we need to re-sign Ross, and look for trades for Fournier. I am on the fence with Vucevic. If we can re-sign him to a reasonable amount for a 2-3 year deal, we probably do it. I think Bamba, and to a certain extent Isaac need another year of development before they are truly ready to take control of this team. Giving Vuc a reasonable contract that we might be able to trade in a year or two, once the young guys have developed, might be the way to go. If his gains this year are real improvements based on work and coaching, then it is not crazy to think he can still improve. He hasn't had a solid team, and solid coaching around him for 6-7 years. If the price gets too high, I think we let him walk and try to fill with the MLE - maybe a one-year deal with a Gortat, or a couple years of Dedman. 

I am frankly more disappointed with Fournier than I am with Vuc. I have seen no improvement with Fournier at all this year, in point of fact, he seems to have regressed. Hopefully, next year being the last of his contract will bring out the best, and a possible trade to move him. If not, we move on from him. I think Ross at a 4/$56M would be great for our team, and with him either leading our bench, or possibly taking Fournier's starting spot, the transition would be fairly seamless. If we can hold off on waiving Mozgov until we are into the season, then both he and Fournier come off the books next summer, helping set up that financial flexibility you are hoping for. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I have seen no improvement with Fournier at all this year, in point of fact, he seems to have regressed

Seems to have regressed?  He shot frickin 24-69 fga in the playoffs. That’s horrendous for anyone let alone your 17mill a year starting guard. If he is starting next year I’m refusing to watch. It will be another write off year for me. I get too emotional watching that scrub. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I am frankly more disappointed with Fournier than I am with Vuc. I have seen no improvement with Fournier at all this year, in point of fact, he seems to have regressed. Hopefully, next year being the last of his contract will bring out the best, and a possible trade to move him. If not, we move on from him. I think Ross at a 4/$56M would be great for our team, and with him either leading our bench, or possibly taking Fournier's starting spot, the transition would be fairly seamless. If we can hold off on waiving Mozgov until we are into the season, then both he and Fournier come off the books next summer, helping set up that financial flexibility you are hoping for. 

Fournier doesn't come off the books next summer. He has a player option for 2020/21, there is no way he would turn down a guaranteed 17 million

Let the trade speculation begin! I’d even throw in a pick.

Bradley Beal                 For           Fournier and Bamba

I just ran this trade This Trade is Successful!

header-main.png

43 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Let the trade speculation begin! I’d even throw in a pick.

Bradley Beal                 For           Fournier and Bamba

I just ran this trade This Trade is Successful!

header-main.png

Washington isn't trading Beal. 

They're definitely not trading Beal within the division. 

They're definitely not trading Beal for that package. 

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think my ideal scenario is 3 years 40.8 with that third year a team option or only guaranteed for 4 million or something like that. Give us an option to clear cap space during the summer of 2021 when Fultz and Isaac are RFAs, Gordon and Bamba are on their last years, Fournier expires, etc. That's going to be a big decision summer. 

I suppose I could live with that. I’d prefer Brogdon, Redick or Bogdanovic over Ross.

3 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

100% agree!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I suppose I could live with that. I’d prefer Brogdon, Redick or Bogdanovic over Ross.

I don't see much of a difference between any of them besides Brogdon but he's restricted, JJ is old, and Bogdanovic is worst in almost every advanced metric. I don't see an obtainable clear upgrade to Ross out there. 

17 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't see much of a difference between any of them besides Brogdon but he's restricted, JJ is old, and Bogdanovic is worst in almost every advanced metric. I don't see an obtainable clear upgrade to Ross out there. 

JJ Is playing the best basketball of his career. 

You have to remember he didn’t play over 20 minutes a game until his 4th year in the nba. He eats clean and takes incredibly good care of his body. He will still be playing really good basketball for 2-3 more years easy.