Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

53 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

Weltman has made him a priority, so I would say he stays.

Where did you see or hear that?

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

In this scenario, the Magic have the ability to sign someone like D’Angelo Russell to a max deal, which would start at 27 million and extend to a total of 4 years/117 million. I’m very curious how high they value Ross and Vooch and whether they try to woo a top free agent.

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

Makes sense if Horford is leaving. With Vooch adding three point shooting to his game he could slot in nicely for them. Though I do hope he stays here.

So the Bucks are sending Snell and the 30th pick for Leuer? 

I don't see how that deal balances out. Snell is the better player, a useful 3-and-D player, whereas Leuer is a mediocre player and he failed to be the stretch player SVG brought him to Detroit to be. And to top it off, sending the last first round pick weights this deal in Detroit's favour.

Odd.

The Bucks don't have Lopez''s bird rights, and the most they can offer him is the MLE unless they have cap space.  Stretching Leuer could open up $14M to resign Lopez.

The Bucks were desperate to figure out a way to pay Lopez what he deserved after his fantastic 2018-19 season. Before this move, they didn't have a way to give him any more than the mid-level exception which was a little over $5 million next year. Now, the Bucks should have a lot more money to give him.

If Milwaukee does end up stretching Leuer it would create $14 million in cap space following a renouncement of Nikola Mirotic. Cap space that would mostly go to bringing Lopez back. Splash Mountain is unlikely to get all of that money, but it's still a big upgrade for a key cog in the Bucks 60-win team.

6 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

Yeah, he has to say he's a priority, that's normal GM/Pres talk.  He also then leaves himself an out by saying other teams will be coming after him too.   Not too hard to read between the lines and see "we're thankful for what Vooch has done here but we're not going to break the bank for him".

2 hours ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

Weltman has made him a priority, so I would say he stays.

That was coach speak for "we're going to tell fans that another team out bid us"

59 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

oh ok. Yeah i remember that. I heard the interview. To me it sounded like just GM talk at the time