Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think it's funny that the Celtics turned the nets trade and a year of tanking into Marcus smart, Tatum, and Brown. 

I would love to have Smart,Tatum and Brown. I remember when we had interest in Smart. Those are 3 solid players, maybe an all-star in there.

Happy for NO. When you look at the picks and additional flips, they got a haul. Plus, they will draft Zion and still have Jrue. They will be exciting to watch. 

• Like 1

The league is broken...probably too broken.  The fact that the league priority of players is to go to Los Angeles creates an overwhelming flaw.   Western teams have too much of an advantage.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ~O~ said:

The league is broken...probably too broken.  The fact that the league priority of players is to go to Los Angeles creates an overwhelming flaw.   Western teams have too much of an advantage.  

Eh, on the other hand they just mortgaged their future entirely. One injury to Bron or AD and they’re potentially in Nets-level purgatory for years. It’s not like this has no risk for them, they paid a price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagicMoses said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I am slightly worried that Ross would be coveted by the Lakers now that they have acquired AD. Thoughts?

I definitely have the same fear. He’d be so nasty playing with LeBron and AD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagicMoses said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I am slightly worried that Ross would be coveted by the Lakers now that they have acquired AD. Thoughts?

The ESPN writer that covers the Lakers already threw his name out last night as potential player to target. The notion was instead of 1 max player player, break up the money to 2-3 really good role players. 

If we don't keep Vuc, and Ross isn't feeling our moves, LA isn't bad for him.