Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

11 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Honestly, who knows. On the floor, absolutely. Kyrie's ability to penetrate and draw fouls is what separates him from DLo. All-NBA for a reason. 

As for locker room stuff, Nets, or any team that signs him, can only hope that since he CHOSE to be there, there won't be any issues. But that's the gamble. 

Anyone expecting DLo to be a superstar is crazy. He's a really good combo guard, with elite passing, and at 23, still improving with experience. I'd put him on the same tier as CJ McCollum; but less consistent scoring and better playmaking. Someone like this doesn't always become available, and if he's renounced, I hope we're aggressive to snag him. 

We got lucky with getting Markelle for cheap. Could we get lucky again with aquiring his backcourt mate via FA? 

He doesn't have elite passing. 

But yeah. This is kind of my point. If you're paying max money for a less consistent McCollum I think you're in trouble. 

Kyrie is probably the worst passing star point guard in the league. He dribbles on hinges as opposed to sliding glass doors which lead to more open passes 

Yeah, Kyrie is more of an And-1 ball player at a time when the team game is more prevalent than ever. I wouldn’t want him for the price he’s gonna get signed for 

Why anyone would want to trade AG is baffling to me. He’s only 23 years old, is signed to a good contract, is a tireless worker with a legit two-way game, still has an All-Star ceiling, and is coming off his first playoff experience where he averaged 15.2, 7.2 and 3.6 on 46 FG% and 40% 3PT. The dude is the young tone setter for our entire team. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Why anyone would want to trade AG is baffling to me. He’s only 23 years old, is signed to a good contract, is a tireless worker with a legit two-way game, still has an All-Star ceiling, and is coming off his first playoff experience where he averaged 15.2, 7.2 and 3.6 on 46 FG% and 40% 3PT. The dude is the young tone setter for our entire team. 

I figure a lot of people don't comprehend defense when they're watching games. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I figure a lot of people don't comprehend defense when they're watching games. 

Kawhi’s playoff performances continue to show that Gordon did an admirable job on him despite his good numbers against us. I recall people thinking AG was getting lit up. 

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He doesn't have elite passing. 

But yeah. This is kind of my point. If you're paying max money for a less consistent McCollum I think you're in trouble. 

I agree. Not worth max, but at 23 yrs old, could he not continue to improve more? What was CJ at 23? Imagine DLo 4 years older from now with Cliff and our development staff. 

I'm not advocating to get him at max, but I would understand why they'd do it. 

His court vision and passing is top 10.

Doncic, Rubio, Young, Paul, Ball, Rondo, B.Simmons, Wall....? He is in that group.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Issac ,our future star, has pushed AG out to a wing ,SF position, where he is absolutely terrible shooter.  70FT is an indication he will never improve adequately.  He really can't shoot outside of the pain5 ,34% from 3 is below the league average and the Magic are NOT interested in mediocrity. He needs another team where he can move back to PF. Also, a poor team where his abundant shooting and chucking up 3's will not matter as it does with the Magic. Every time he kisses one of those 3's ,is like a turnover. Bad shooting wings are the Magic Achilles heal. Fournier needs replaced as well.  AG is just not a good fit with the emergence of Issac at PF.

• Downvote 10

26 minutes ago, GaryRenz said:

Issac ,our future star, has pushed AG out to a wing ,SF position, where he is absolutely terrible shooter.  70FT is an indication he will never improve adequately.  He really can't shoot outside of the pain5 ,34% from 3 is below the league average and the Magic are NOT interested in mediocrity. He needs another team where he can move back to PF. Also, a poor team where his abundant shooting and chucking up 3's will not matter as it does with the Magic. Every time he kisses one of those 3's ,is like a turnover. Bad shooting wings are the Magic Achilles heal. Fournier needs replaced as well.  AG is just not a good fit with the emergence of Issac at PF.

Wrong

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Great post and a definite up vote.

11 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

2nd great post and another up vote.  Are these other folks really our fans?????

I don’t agree with him either but just because his opinions differing from yours doesn’t mean he’s not a fan. 

• Upvote 2