Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

hT0wI2fs_normal.jpg
Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
· 6m
Brooklyn is trading Allen Crabbe and No. 17 pick in 2019 NBA Draft and protected first in 2020 to Atlanta for Taurean Prince and 2021 second-round pick, league sources tell ESPN

1 hour ago, Shine88 said:

They have enough room to get Kyri e and KD now,  which means we have a serious shot at Russell now.

I want to be excited but no real shot until we see what happens with our FAs first. Once we hear we're trading Fournier or stretching Mozgov, that's when we have serious shot.

I fully expect him to be a UFA and I hope we prepare ourselves.

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

17 to get out of Crabbe’s contract is super similar to 16 to get out of Fournier’s contract. Should be an interesting offseason 

17 and a future 1st (lotto protections for 3 yrs)

2 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

17 and a future 1st (lotto protections for 3 yrs)

Ahhh, didn’t see that... still something similar to a move we could make that I wouldn’t hate

54 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Ahhh, didn’t see that... still something similar to a move we could make that I wouldn’t hate

I wouldn't hate it either. I would hate paying him max. If Nets renounce him, we just have to offer something attractive. We have the role for him. Just no money. 

Ideally, money dries up, and he comes for our full MLE. Like Julius Randle last summer.

I don't have any interest in Russell unless it is in a Lou Williams, 6th man, scoring punch off the bench. 

I think last year was a bit of a anomaly and I rather not pay him a bunch of money since he doesn't get to the line or pass very well.