Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Notguilty said:

NBA tv doesn’t choose the Magic to make playoffs this year - Isaiah Thomas thinks Young will lead Atlanta to the last playoff spot!

Proving again his talent evaluation skills are abysmal 

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Proving again his talent evaluation skills are abysmal 

No doubt, he should be in another line of work, like politics, where all of his miscalculations would be rewarded! IMHO 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Oops. Sorry about that, ya'll. I missed it. 

On on a different note, do you think Clifford will tweak his offensive scheme, and if so, how? 

Make me a first option. My boy Markelle gets me. 

3 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Oops. Sorry about that, ya'll. I missed it. 

On on a different note, do you think Clifford will tweak his offensive scheme, and if so, how? 

No. I think Clifford will keep the same offensive scheme for the most part (at like the 1000 foot level, base philosophies and such) and guys will have to operate within the confines of that scheme. Clifford's main goal is limiting mistakes. We're super conservative. Our defense is good because we limit fast breaks, second chance points, and free throws. We limit fast breaks because we don't turn the ball over, we don't go for offensive rebounds. We limit second chance points by crashing the glass instead of leaking out in transition. We don't gamble on steals. We're conservative in our coverages on pick and rolls and in our rotations. 

So we're always going to have an average at best offense with this personnel unless we find a player that can create offense in the half court (this is why Ross was so important last year).

In my opinion, with a rotation featuring Isaac, Gordon, Ross, Birch, MCW, iwundu, aminu or okeke, and the theoretical Bamba and fultz we should be leveraging our strengths better by having a more aggressive defense and an offense that is supplemented by more transition attempts. But with Vucevic, Fournier, and augustin being featured in prominent roles we can't really do that yet. But you saw the results a bit last year with MCW lineups late in the season. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, magicblue said:

He talked a little bit about playing with a bit more pace, which kinda seems like a given with this roster.

I don't really think we can unless we change how we play from a philosophical standpoint. It's hard to change that given the results we saw last year. 

Of course all of my opinions are based on conservative estimates of improvement. That fultz will operate basically as what you'd expect from a pretty good rookie and the other guys will improve in noticable but incremental ways. 

If fultz is great or Gordon takes a leap we pretty much have to rewrite all of our expectations for this year. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Of course all of my opinions are based on conservative estimates of improvement. That fultz will operate basically as what you'd expect from a pretty good rookie and the other guys will improve in noticable but incremental ways. 

If fultz is great or Gordon takes a leap we pretty much have to rewrite all of our expectations for this year. 

If Fultz is healthy and stays healthy, he's automatically 2 or 3x better than MCW. Thats already an improvement from last year and should be worth at least a couple of games, right?