Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

On 9/19/2019 at 10:06 AM, Just a regular Magic fan said:

If you were going to advise Gordon, what would you have him work on to help him take the next step?

On 9/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Improve his ball handling / drives to the basket

He loses his balance far too often and easily when dribble-driving, like he's about to tip over.  It's partly inconsistent footwork, but also that he's gotten too muscular and top-heavy.

I suggest he take dance lessons, skip some arm-days, and work on getting a Lowry booty.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2019 at 10:06 AM, Just a regular Magic fan said:

If you were going to advise Gordon, what would you have him work on to help him take the next step?

low post game.

21 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I hate this Siakam comp. Imagine how much easier it is to make a jump with a top 3-5 player right next to you. I don't view Siakam as much better than Gordon if at all. 

Then you didn't watch the playoffs last year.Basically Siakam got to play like an actual power forward last year with Gasol and Kawhi in Toronto. So you are half right.

Basically the big difference is Siakam dominated in the paint and his decision to either drive or shoot came much faster then Gordon's. He finished better and through contact.

Now i want Gordon to do these things too, but it's possible he is going to remain more of an outside wing player in Orlando. Even if he does, he has to finish around the basket and take it to the hole quickly when the opportunity presents itself.Maybe draw a foul or something. Right now he is great when he spots up and he passes well, but as others have pointed out when he drives there are holes in his game.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

He loses his balance far too often and easily when dribble-driving, like he's about to tip over.  It's partly inconsistent footwork, but also that he's gotten too muscular and top-heavy.

I suggest he take dance lessons, skip some arm-days, and work on getting a Lowry booty.  

Love it

On 9/20/2019 at 11:54 PM, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Yeeeaaah that’s completely false.  Upper body muscle has nothing to do with foot work and yoga does absolutely nothing for it.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:54 PM, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Yeeeaaah that’s completely false.  Upper body muscle has nothing to do with foot work and yoga does absolutely nothing for it.

We’re not speaking on the same terms. I’m simply stating that Yoga would be complementary to overall wellness and perhaps help with balance and keeping muscles limber and healthy. There is a reason why many athletes in football, basketball and other sports incorporate Yoga as part of their in and offseason training program. 

4 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

We’re not speaking on the same terms. I’m simply stating that Yoga would be complementary to overall wellness and perhaps help with balance and keeping muscles limber and healthy. There is a reason why many athletes in football, basketball and other sports incorporate Yoga as part of their in and offseason training program. 

Yoga would help in areas but footwork is a specific skill that acquires specific training. Yoga would not be the go to to improve this skill and muscles don’t damper footwork either. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yoga would help in areas but footwork is a specific skill that acquires specific training. Yoga would not be the go to to improve this skill and muscles don’t damper footwork either. 

I see your point. I guess just repetition in certain situations, meaning moves then counter moves. It does seem like some guys have that and others really have to work at it. Remember Andrew Nicholson? He had really good footwork in the post, but was not very athletic and had huge feet. I think he’s overseas now.