Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

I'm going to the pub tonight to watch Australia v Spain, hopefully we can get the win, tournament wide open now.

We've been great without Simmons, Baynes and Mills especially have been so good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yall can ban me from this website, but I'm rooting for Dwight Howard and hope he has a lot of success with the Lakers. He's been through a rough patch and his latest interviews have been great

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can appreciate that. He was a young kid who got consumed and made an incredible amount of mistakes, but owns it and hopefully learned and evolved. 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yall can ban me from this website, but I'm rooting for Dwight Howard and hope he has a lot of success with the Lakers. He's been through a rough patch and his latest interviews have been great

I really don't hate him and don't have any grudge with the past anymore, but I've to say: he has probably made that kind of interview every offseason since he left the Magic. Reality is different than words, a lot of times.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I really don't hate him and don't have any grudge with the past anymore, but I've to say: he has probably made that kind of interview every offseason since he left the Magic. Reality is different than words, a lot of times.

That is true, he keeps saying he’s a changed man, but this time he lost a lot of weight and seems to have actually put in the work.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be nice to see him have a bounce back season at 33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That is true, he keeps saying he’s a changed man, but this time he lost a lot of weight and seems to have actually put in the work.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be nice to see him have a bounce back season at 33

He's lost weight every summer for the past 4 summers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That is true, he keeps saying he’s a changed man, but this time he lost a lot of weight and seems to have actually put in the work.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be nice to see him have a bounce back season at 33

The problem has never really been his game, but his head. He has never been satisfied to be the defensive presence, rebounding machine - he has always wanted and whined about being more central to the offense.

If (and it is a big if) he has finally gotten it through his thick skull that he is NOT the force and focus on offense and can ACCEPT that; then he could be an incredibly valuable pickup for them. He is a big man who can consistently give you a double-double by running the floor and getting alley-oops, offensive rebounds, secondary fast break points. He can anchor a defense, even at 33; there are few better big men on the defensive-side of the court. The problem has always been his demands/divisive attitude when he doesn't get to be an offensive focal point too. Then he has become a problem for almost every team he has ever been on. He is not a great low-post player, it worked in Orlando because we had a lot of 3-point shooters around him opening up space. Nobody since has built their team around him, but has expected him to adapt to their team; which he has never shown himself capable and/or willing to do. Unless that has changed, he won't make it through the season in LA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

The problem has never really been his game, but his head. He has never been satisfied to be the defensive presence, rebounding machine - he has always wanted and whined about being more central to the offense.

If (and it is a big if) he has finally gotten it through his thick skull that he is NOT the force and focus on offense and can ACCEPT that; then he could be an incredibly valuable pickup for them. He is a big man who can consistently give you a double-double by running the floor and getting alley-oops, offensive rebounds, secondary fast break points. He can anchor a defense, even at 33; there are few better big men on the defensive-side of the court. The problem has always been his demands/divisive attitude when he doesn't get to be an offensive focal point too. Then he has become a problem for almost every team he has ever been on. He is not a great low-post player, it worked in Orlando because we had a lot of 3-point shooters around him opening up space. Nobody since has built their team around him, but has expected him to adapt to their team; which he has never shown himself capable and/or willing to do. Unless that has changed, he won't make it through the season in LA.

Nah. He's not a post up threat anymore not because of team style but because he's declined from one of the strongest and overwhelmingly athletic centers of all time to a normal level of athleticism. 

He's bounced around the league not because of deciding production (his numbers are still solid and his on court impact on Charlotte and Houston were positive), but because guys just don't like him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, Argentina just smashed France with a huge performance from Scola.

Silver lining for France is that Ntilikina’s jumper seems to be a real thing now.

The Portuguese commentators pointed out Fournier’s selfishness, but what stuck with me the most is Batum being super washed up

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

By the way, Argentina just smashed France with a huge performance from Scola.

Silver lining for France is that Ntilikina’s jumper seems to be a real thing now.

The Portuguese commentators pointed out Fournier’s selfishness, but what stuck with me the most is Batum being super washed up

Fournier was bad in this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Fournier was bad in this game

True, but basically their entire team was, except for Ntilikina.

Gobert had 3 points (!)

All about the matchups, Argentina plays some beautiful Spurs-like basketball

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, we destroyed Fournier and bogdanovic back to back!

evans awful defense and even awful shot helped our cause, but campazzo-scola-deck and laprovittola were beasting out there the past 2 games

now we will fight our toughest opponent in Spain. 

Generación dorada is back !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×