Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

33 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

He kept them i it for a little while it seems. Good for Khem! 

I feel bad for him.  Despite clearly helping the team win when given the opportunity to play consistent minutes the past two years, his situation in Orlando is awful.  He likely goes right to the end of the bench when the season starts.  

25 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I feel bad for him.  Despite clearly helping the team win when given the opportunity to play consistent minutes the past two years, his situation in Orlando is awful.  He likely goes right to the end of the bench when the season starts.  

I just hope we have an agreement with him that if Bamba works out that we'll look to move him

Fournier had 26/10/3 on 50/50/78 shooting in a win over Germany

Vucevic had 12 points and 3 rebounds in a big loss to Greece. But he's the only guy better than decent on that team. 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

He’d easily be the starting 5 in LAL

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He’d easily be the starting 5 in LAL

He'd really be the starting 5 anywhere that has a roster that doesn't require significant offensive production from their center spot. 

I'm still a little amazed that Boston went with kanter over him. They have kemba, Tatum, Brown, and Hayward. They have smart who can sometimes provide supplementary scoring. They have a few rookies that collectively should provide 1 other decent offensive player per game. They don't need kanter. They need a guy who can set screens, defend the pick and roll, and rim protect. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He'd really be the starting 5 anywhere that has a roster that doesn't require significant offensive production from their center spot. 

I'm still a little amazed that Boston went with kanter over him. They have kemba, Tatum, Brown, and Hayward. They have smart who can sometimes provide supplementary scoring. They have a few rookies that collectively should provide 1 other decent offensive player per game. They don't need kanter. They need a guy who can set screens, defend the pick and roll, and rim protect. 

I know a couple Cs fan that hate Birch too, strictly based off of him playing really damn well against them last year. I like Khem a lot and I’m glad he’s back, but I don’t feel like he’s back to warm the bench.  He’s either Mo gets hurt again insurance, Vooch or Mo get traded insurance, or he gets dealt when we figure out who Mo is.

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Maybe GMs are just lazier than we like to think, and not many know how good Birch really is.