Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's not a bad seat in the house. 

But it really depends on what kind of experience you're looking for. I've sat in the 101 row A seats and it's really nice for being able to see players relatively up close but because you're sitting on a baseline you can miss a lot of what's happening on the other end of the floor. 

If you want the best viewing angle, something in the mid rows of 105, 106, 114, or 115 would be better. 

So basically if you're looking at the cheapest way to get as close as possible to the players without paying "floor" prices 101 row A is great. If you're trying to get the best views the sideline sections are better. 

This is with a 2x zoom on my phone camera but it's the type of view you'd get from 101 row A

IMG_20190821_064251_01.jpg

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

But it really depends on what kind of experience you're looking for. I've sat in the 101 row A seats and it's really nice for being able to see players relatively up close but because you're sitting on a baseline you can miss a lot of what's happening on the other end of the floor. 

If you want the best viewing angle, something in the mid rows of 105, 106, 114, or 115 would be better. 

So basically if you're looking at the cheapest way to get as close as possible to the players without paying "floor" prices 101 row A is great. If you're trying to get the best views the sideline sections are better. 

Very good info

35 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Great article.I will admit i didn't see this version of the team developing.I'm happy with our direction, having a plan and sticking to it is a good thing. 

Still, we have to have another lucky year with health and either Bamba or Fultz better show something before the New Year.

Go Magic!

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Thanks man a lot of thanks for you

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'm not going to lie, after reading this I'm a little pumped about this season and the team in general moving forward. Management may be onto something with the whole "run it back" position. With the easier early schedule is see if we can jump out this year to a good start. I have a feeling we'll have a pretty good idea after about the 25 game mark we're at with Markelle and Bamba. That being said, I personally think those 2 guys will be progressing nicely by that point. I am definitely optimistic and hoping also these come to life

5 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Not to be a downer but we're definitely approaching a ceiling unless fultz comes back, Gordon takes another big step forward and he changes from a guy who can exploit mismatches to a guy who can attack every night, or we make a trade to grab a guy who can fill that role. 

We can win a few more games this season but don't forget the lessons learned from the playoff series. We have a bunch of guys who can't beat good individual defenders (with the exception of Gordon). That's ok. But it relies on a guy who can do that to take the defensive attention away from those guys so they can operate with a little space. Until that happens we're pretty stuck as effectively what we are. 

• Upvote 1

I’m always bullish when it comes to our Magic, but I see the potential of a 50 win team; of course a lot of things must go right; mainly health. 

1. Familiarity and continuity for first time in years.

2. Total team buy in

3. More and better depth

4. Youth improvement

5. Bamba healthy, wiser and bigger

6. And the wild card Fultz.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/20/2019 at 2:38 PM, IrishCelticHater said:

I think they just changed the name tbh. Might be wrong though. Woke up and it just had another logo otherwise it was the same. 

Looks like you're right. You only get regional sports with the 70 dollars or more plan though(although it does come with HBO, but you can buy that as a standalone for 15 bucks anyways through HBO Now). But yeah, it has a free trial too so anyone new to streaming cable can pretty much try all of them. I've tried all the major services and I'd rate them 1. YouTube TV 2. PlayStation VUE 3. Hulu Live TV 4. DirecTV(ATT) Now. I won't even put Sling in there for lack of Fox Sports Florida (although I am using it for two months before basketball season starts) and Fubo TV has no ESPN networks (although I guess it's good if you like Soccer or something?) Also, you don't actually need a PlayStation to use PlayStation VUE. Some people are confused by the name (they really should have called it Sony VUE). The unlimited DVR on YouTube and VUE is really nice and puts them ahead (VUE deletes recordings after 28 days though, YouTube it's 9 months).

8 hours ago, jjgator said:

Looks like you're right. You only get regional sports with the 70 dollars or more plan though(although it does come with HBO, but you can buy that as a standalone for 15 bucks anyways through HBO Now). But yeah, it has a free trial too so anyone new to streaming cable can pretty much try all of them. I've tried all the major services and I'd rate them 1. YouTube TV 2. PlayStation VUE 3. Hulu Live TV 4. DirecTV(ATT) Now. I won't even put Sling in there for lack of Fox Sports Florida (although I am using it for two months before basketball season starts) and Fubo TV has no ESPN networks (although I guess it's good if you like Soccer or something?) Also, you don't actually need a PlayStation to use PlayStation VUE. Some people are confused by the name (they really should have called it Sony VUE). The unlimited DVR on YouTube and VUE is really nice and puts them ahead (VUE deletes recordings after 28 days though, YouTube it's 9 months).

Is there any way to save a recording that you want to keep?  Can you download it or something?

Just thinking about the upcoming Magic win in the 7th game of the NBA championship  :)