Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

12 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I truly enjoy the fact that we all go nuts when Fultz shoots 3 jumpers with no hitch. 

Until I see a full contact game out of him, I'm tempering expectations. This is the same as D12 saying he fixed his FT% woes while making 80/100 FT's consistently one summer, but still eventually regressing to his sub-60% ways. Games are much different than practice. It's encouraging, but let's keep it in perspective people.  

Sure. But we're not going to get that for two months. 

And after he's back participating in full games it's still possible he regresses. 

I know I shouldn’t get too excited about Fultz just yet. I just can’t help but be optimistic. Even if he’s 80% of what he was in college, as a jump shooter, this team is instantly better than a 6th seed imho. With a more matured JI, an AG that sounds like he’s been laser focused this offseason in crafting new aspects of his game, returning all star Vuch and a budding (hopefully stronger) Bamba... the sky is the limit for this team. I’m hoping Fultz will tie this all together.

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Of course. They've been so hush hush about this why change it now? 

Yeah. 

All we needed was a taste though

18 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Sure. But we're not going to get that for two months. 

And after he's back participating in full games it's still possible he regresses. 

Great point. Fultz looks like he is progressing, and I think you are taking the right approach. It's best to be cautious and as desperate as I am, I need to temper my expectations. This whole thing is weird to me. The guy is a gym rat and has probably shot the ball over a million times and then all of a sudden he has nerve issues? I still wonder if the medical diagnosis is correct. I am glad we gave up the pick to get him. It's worth the risk to see if we can rehabilitate him. However, as you are implying, this is no sure thing. I sure hope we get lucky. We could use it.

21 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

And now all the videos are deleted at Fultz’s request

What would be the reasoning for that? Maybe there is something mental going on.

24 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Protecting his fragile mental makeup. Which I don't think he has which makes this secretive **** even more weird. 

59 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

"Hey I don't want people hyperanalysing every moment of my summer. Please stop recording me working out"

A clip of him taking one step back jumper made the internet go crazy. The same clips last summer created a situation down the line where Philadelphia fans now bombard him with angry messages daily on every social media platform. 

He doesn't know if he's going to be able to come back from this yet so it makes sense that he doesn't want the attention until he's really back. 

• Upvote 1