Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Agree with this tweet. Especially the reply about the Olympics. The upcoming season is much more important. Would definitely rather our guys get ready for the upcoming season. Not worth the chance of anyone getting hurt. 

8B3ED4B2-088E-4F49-BE0E-35E4353AA792.jpeg

A sobering article by Lowe about superstar power in the NBA. I’ll let this part speak for itself:

”An underplayed subplot of this summer is that five superstars relocated to New York and Los Angeles. You can gloss over it by pointing out that the Nets and Clippers were never free-agent destinations and that the Knicks whiffed again. Fair.

But the photo negative almost never happens. Multiple top-10 players do not conspire to get to Indiana, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Oklahoma City, Portland, Detroit, Minnesota. It has rarely happened other than (kind of) in LeBron's second Cleveland stint, and waiting for a generational player to be born near your non-glamour market -- and to feel the pull of home -- is not a replicable plan.”

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27240776/why-kawhi-leonard-power-move-was-watershed-moment

23 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Am I the only one that'd rather see Okeke play 2/3 than 3/4?  Is that not happening?  I thought I read that on draft night.

I dont know if he is quick enough to get around screens as a 2 (sg), but I do see him as a 3 (sf). I am personally not sure about him at pf. There are a lot of people on the forum that think he is a natural pf. I dont see it, but we will see. I see sf only at the moment. 

He personal said, he thinks his game is similar to Kawhi Leonard's game. So he may see him self as a sf/sg. I need to see him in the league or practice first. Those things seem to work themselves out on the court.   

9 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Hopefully he sees this as a motivation. 

I rather him focus on the season around the corner. 

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

There are a lot of people on the forum that think he is a natural pf.

I'm not sure anyone has said that, I can't speak for everyone but I'm under the impression that the one's arguing this point are saying he is a 3 that will comfortably be able to play the 4 when he gets a little stronger. 

7 hours ago, BBROSS said:

The Magic signed Isaac Humphries to an exhibit 10 contract

Oh. He's kind of interesting. 

Didn't do anything at Kentucky. His g-league numbers are alright. But he just turned 21 and is starting to flash some things. Might be a late bloomer. 

• Upvote 1