Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I watch this like once a month

Thanks for this.  Best chance for that superstar we are currently missing on our roster.  I don't know his burning inner desire, which is what it takes to rise to that superstar level, but I believe it will be pretty strong and if he can get his health back, we could, in a very short time, become the best team in the East. and maybe the NBA.  Prior to this year I was not sure we would even sniff the luxury tax, which is another necessity to beome the best.  That was answered this year which is a great sign even if we may have used the money in ways we all do not agree with.  Future is fantastic.

Ha, Ha, Ha...........The NBA is never short of storylines and drama.  Celtics upset with Philly tampering with Horford (probably true) when they themselves (probably true) tampered with Walker.  LA Laker "tampering" philosophy alive and well in the NBA and is replacing the "Philly/LA Laker" tanking philosophy.  Silver has got to be ready to pull his hair out.  Oh, he already did that on the tanking problem...lol!  Fines  (small as they are) are not going to work and player tampering is virtually impossible to regulate.  Probably need tampering just taken off the table.  Unless we want to see owner groups fight owner groups.  Philly folks have to be laughing their butts off at Celtics being mad.  Unfortunately for Silver he has some major issues to solve.....tampering, the lottery which may have been tweaked but certainly is less fair (popular and money making but not fair), and the third (and maybe bigger issue) if the WNBA starts demanding equal pay.  The drama goes on......

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Ha, Ha, Ha...........The NBA is never short of storylines and drama.  Celtics upset with Philly tampering with Horford (probably true) when they themselves (probably true) tampered with Walker.  LA Laker "tampering" philosophy alive and well in the NBA and is replacing the "Philly/LA Laker" tanking philosophy.  Silver has got to be ready to pull his hair out.  Oh, he already did that on the tanking problem...lol!  Fines  (small as they are) are not going to work and player tampering is virtually impossible to regulate.  Probably need tampering just taken off the table.  Unless we want to see owner groups fight owner groups.  Philly folks have to be laughing their butts off at Celtics being mad.  Unfortunately for Silver he has some major issues to solve.....tampering, the lottery which may have been tweaked but certainly is less fair (popular and money making but not fair), and the third (and maybe bigger issue) if the WNBA starts demanding equal pay.  The drama goes on......

This happens when the players become bigger than the sport.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Honestly coming out of the draft I thought Fultz was going to be a generational talent and I still think health and perhaps mentality are the only things standing in his way. But if his body is right and his mind is focused on proving all his naysayers wrong I honestly think he could be really really good next season. Can you win MIP if you didn't play last season? Also, and I ask this somewhat in jest, how many games would the Magic have to win with Fultz as a key starter and scorer for his name to get brought up in an MVP conversation?