Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. It's just a projection model based on previous year stats. 

Two years ago we had a pretty solid team and everyone got hurt. Last year they looked at the numbers from the previous year and Ross looked like he was declining, Isaac projected to be bad based on his gross numbers when he was healthy, Grant was replacing Payton, and it was projecting probably closer to 80 missed games from our top 6 guys vs the 18 they actually missed. 

And after the first 51 games we were on pace for 32 wins. It had the team pegged exactly. Then we shuffled things around and went on a crazy run. But that model can't project the mid season changes we made. 

Now that we've returned 86% of the teams minutes and 95% of the teams post all star minutes  we're much easier to project. Normal expected improvements from the young players, normal injury patterns, normal declines from the older players. 42-40 and the 5th seed is pretty much what we should expect as the average outcome next year with every team staying reasonably healthy and nobody tanking. 

Yeah, don't think that the projection is perfect, but it is trying to get the "average season". While they mess around with their CARMELO ratings every year, their model does do a good job of predicting on average what is going to happen with individual players.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:55 PM, hootie249 said:

I can possibly see us looking to the Bulls and Dunn if Satoransky and White steal all his minutes by December. 

Ah Hell No.......................  Dunn sucks out loud.

6 hours ago, hootie249 said:

The Pelicans are my new team to watch when i'm not watching the Magic. 

They are gonna be fun to watch next year and probably a real contender soon. The east still feels light years behind the west.

Can't wait till training camp.

Not sure if the East is light years away behind. I mean, a lot of promising stars are in the East. Brooklyn will be really good next year. Milwaukee and Philadelphia are not far behind.  I will say that the East is more balanced in terms of talent  The west is all about the LA teams and now Houston. Just for 2-3 years. Other than the Clippers, I see, The Pelicans,  Denver, Utah, Dallas and Portland with a brighter future in the West.  

I agree with you with the Pelicans. Love what they are doing. 

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Who is that? Isnt he like 40 years old?

A very underwhelming two way player. 

What a weird choice to fill that spot. It's not worth complaining about because it's just a two way player. But why?

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

A very underwhelming two way player. 

What a weird choice to fill that spot. It's not worth complaining about because it's just a two way player. But why?

Ehhh you could totally argue it’s worth complaining about.