Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

On 5/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, ?4thewin said:

He's the best clutch performer in the NBA over the past 5 years

That's actually quite surprising. I don't know how to feel about him. On one end he is the exact player that we need; Offense, defense, apparent clutch gene. On the other I still don't know how different any of the teams he's played on are without him. 

In the end I'm all for winning and adding Jimmy is an obvious talent improvement. If his attitude is the one negative then sign me up today. 

What does the starting lineup look like Jimmy Gordon Issac seems a bit clustered. Jimmy at the "2"?

11 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That's actually quite surprising. I don't know how to feel about him. On one end he is the exact player that we need; Offense, defense, apparent clutch gene. On the other I still don't know how different any of the teams he's played on are without him. 

In the end I'm all for winning and adding Jimmy is an obvious talent improvement. If his attitude is the one negative then sign me up today. 

What does the starting lineup look like Jimmy Gordon Issac seems a bit clustered. Jimmy at the "2"?

I’d assume they’d put him at SG

11 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I’d assume they’d put him at SG

Vucevic and Ross are the headline issues in Orlando, but the Magic will have another major decision - what will they do at point guard?

The team took a low-risk gamble on former No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz, acquiring him from Philadelphia for Jonathon Simmons, a first-rounder from OKC next year (protected for the top 20) and a second-rounder. But it's highly unlikely the Magic will toss the point-guard keys to Fultz anytime soon.

There's a chance Orlando could push for a veteran via trade, like Mike Conley or Jrue Holiday (if he becomes available). The Magic could seek a veteran free agent to serve as a sort of short-term stopgap option, like Ricky Rubio or Goran Dragic.

But if the Magic want to help the young core grow together, the summer would be a good time to make a push for a young restricted free agent, and they're expected to have interest in Boston's Terry Rozier, who is 25. There is, too, Nets All-Star point guard D'Angelo Russell, who is 23 but will prove more expensive and less likely to be let go by Brooklyn, which has the choice to match any offer.

At worst, the team will bring back D.J. Augustin, who had a solid all-around year. But the search for a young point guard will continue.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/magic-offseason-preview-nikola-vucevic-terrence-ross-orlando/y2ne749lowk41ipf1wsyxnemr

On 5/5/2019 at 3:02 AM, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Minnesota is awful without Butler as is Chicago

6 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Is the assumption right now Fultz won't be given the keys come Game 1 next year? Are there still concerns he won't be ready and Augustin won't be enough of a serviceable stand-in? 

7 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I mean, we traded for Fultz to give him the PG keys— he’s going to have to earn them, obviously, but we’re going to give him every opportunity to do so. Trading or signing a  prominent point guard would be getting in the way of that, along with tying up cap space in a position where our long term starter is (hopefully) already in place with a relatively cheap contract in Fultz.

We should go into the season with DJ/MCW/Fultz. I would consider bringing in a prominent point guard a mistake.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I mean, we traded for Fultz to give him the PG keys— he’s going to have to earn them, obviously, but we’re going to give him every opportunity to do so. Trading or signing a  prominent point guard would be getting in the way of that, along with tying up cap space in a position where our long term starter is (hopefully) already in place with a relatively cheap contract in Fultz.

We should go into the season with DJ/MCW/Fultz. I would consider bringing in a prominent point guard a mistake.

I agree to a point but then there is this proposal on another site. Magic move DJ. Fournier, Bamba, and #16 and end up re-signing Vuc and TRoss and getting Kemba at a 4 year max. 
Kemba/Fultz/MCW or Briscoe

Ross/FA/Fultz

JI/Iwandu

AG/JI/Martin

Vuc/Birch

49 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I agree to a point but then there is this proposal on another site. Magic move DJ. Fournier, Bamba, and #16 and end up re-signing Vuc and TRoss and getting Kemba at a 4 year max. 
Kemba/Fultz/MCW or Briscoe

Ross/FA/Fultz

JI/Iwandu

AG/JI/Martin

Vuc/Birch

That's not a realistic proposal. 

Its too late for Mike Conley...that ship has sailed.  We wanted Mike Conley a decade ago...and we shouldn't get him at the end of his career. 

I was a hardcore Rozier guy until this year, but if we sign him and he gets minutes and Fultz doesn’t (assuming no injury setback) I’ll be extremely disappointed