Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

What difference has Jimmy made on a team? I have nothing but the eye test to back this up but he just doesn't resonate as a difference maker to me.

Are the 6ers significantly any better with him?

Minny lost 11 more games this year but was that a Jimmy thing?

I don't even mind that he's a jerk he just doesn't seem like a number one guy to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What difference has Jimmy made on a team? I have nothing but the eye test to back this up but he just doesn't resonate as a difference maker to me.

Are the 6ers significantly any better with him?

Minny lost 11 more games this year but was that a Jimmy thing?

I don't even mind that he's a jerk he just doesn't seem like a number one guy to me. 

Hes a bigger Oladipo. Still a valuable player just not a superstar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I know some of us are a bit jaded from the last 7 years.  But can we collectively chill and let the Weltman/Hammond plan play out?

I am good with patience and trust for this year but next summer is where the Weltman/Hammond plan needs to come to fruition.  3 drafts plus finally FA money available.  Other than not trading Vuc (especially) and Ross at the trade deadline I have liked their moves and construction of this team.  Still need shooters but either this draft or next summer could supply that hopefully.  The potential of this roster is pretty high if it all it works out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

I think he only has issues with young guys that aren't willing to put in the work as an NBA player. In Chicago, that whole locker room was a mess. Hoidberg was a lame duck, Rondo and Wade were pissed off, and Jimmy sided with the vets. 

In Minnesota, he was a problem because Wiggins has a poor work ethic, and KAT wasn't a good defender. Jimmy thought they were soft, and he wanted out, since Minnesota didn't want to give him a max. People forget that that Wolves team was top 4 in the west before Butler got hurt (which in itself is more of a concern for me than his locker room issues).

In Orlando, he'd be given an extremely young team that fits the way he wants young guys to play. AG, Isaac, and Wes have all shown that they're willing to work on defense, which is what Jimmy wants. And guys like Bamba (who has been rumored to have a low motor) and Fultz could learn a lot from him. 

This is persuading

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What difference has Jimmy made on a team? I have nothing but the eye test to back this up but he just doesn't resonate as a difference maker to me.

Are the 6ers significantly any better with him?

Minny lost 11 more games this year but was that a Jimmy thing?

I don't even mind that he's a jerk he just doesn't seem like a number one guy to me. 

He's the best clutch performer in the NBA over the past 5 years

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's the best clutch performer in the NBA over the past 5 years

 

 

I dig it. I like that Butler has that dog in him. One of my favorite players. Because he plays both ends and has developed from hard ass work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely be for signing Butler, but I wonder how it would affect the Fultz experiment.

Fultz probably needs a lower-pressure environment for the time being and Butler would certainly upset that. And I think Fultz reaching his long-term potential here probably is better than what Butler would provide, though that is a massive hypothetical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 scenarios I would consider for the offseason (orderd by preference):

1: Trade Fournier and the 16 pick for LaVine. Resign Ross and let Vuc walk. Sign a C for the MLE (R. Holmes). With that groupe we would be able to play a uptempo style. See next season which player is in our future plan. Than use the capspace from Mozgov, Augustine and maybe Fultz (if he didn‘t meet your expectations) to complete the roster.

Fultz/Augustin/MCW or Briscoe

LaVine/Ross/Iwundu

Isaac/Ross/Iwundu

Gordon/Isaac/Holmes

Bamba/Holmes/Birch or Gortat

2: Trade Fournier and Mozgov to OKC for Adams. Let Vuc walk and resign Ross. Trade Bamba for Jaylen Brown (not sure if Boston do it). Draft Bol Bol.

Fultz/Augustin/MCW or Briscoe

Brown/Ross/Iwundu

Isaac/Ross/Iwundu

Gordon/Isaac/FA

Adams/Bol Bol/FA

3: Let Vuc and Ross walk. Use our capspace to sign Malcon Brogdon. Trade Fournier for a C (Cody Zeller, Tristan Thompson or Derrick Favors) and draft a SG.

Fultz/Augustin/MCW or Briscoe

Brogdon/Rookie/Iwundu

Isaac/Veteran FA/Iwundu

Gordon/Isaac/FA

Zeller/Bamba/FA

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, matthi32 said:

3 scenarios I would consider for the offseason (orderd by preference):

1: Trade Fournier and the 16 pick for LaVine. Resign Ross and let Vuc walk. Sign a C for the MLE (R. Holmes). With that groupe we would be able to play a uptempo style. See next season which player is in our future plan. Than use the capspace from Mozgov, Augustine and maybe Fultz (if he didn‘t meet your expectations) to complete the roster.

Fultz/Augustin/MCW or Briscoe

LaVine/Ross/Iwundu

Isaac/Ross/Iwundu

Gordon/Isaac/Holmes

Bamba/Holmes/Birch or Gortat

2: Trade Fournier and Mozgov to OKC for Adams. Let Vuc walk and resign Ross. Trade Bamba for Jaylen Brown (not sure if Boston do it). Draft Bol Bol.

Fultz/Augustin/MCW or Briscoe

Brown/Ross/Iwundu

Isaac/Ross/Iwundu

Gordon/Isaac/FA

Adams/Bol Bol/FA

3: Let Vuc and Ross walk. Use our capspace to sign Malcon Brogdon. Trade Fournier for a C (Cody Zeller, Tristan Thompson or Derrick Favors) and draft a SG.

Fultz/Augustin/MCW or Briscoe

Brogdon/Rookie/Iwundu

Isaac/Veteran FA/Iwundu

Gordon/Isaac/FA

Zeller/Bamba/FA

    I like the way you think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×