Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Just now, hootie249 said:

Fixed the link, yeah i get it Ish smith messed it up. Pretty sure it would work with Wagner and Ish or just leave them out.

It wouldn't work with Wagner because of the hard cap

Just now, Soul Bro said:

I totally agree that our team might be attractive. However, I think recent free agency has demonstrated that big players that aren't homegrown like to go to big markets. 

I think that's recency bias

I'll come back to it when they get the salaries in. I guess in a nutshell do you think giving up on Bamba and Futlz now along with future draft picks is worth Beal?

And do you think the Wizards would punt on this season? Guessing from their transactions i would think they are trying to compete while Wall is injured.I just think they might be swayed by a big offer because of what happened in OKC.

12 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I'll come back to it when they get the salaries in. I guess in a nutshell do you think giving up on Bamba and Futlz now along with future draft picks is worth Beal?

And do you think the Wizards would punt on this season? Guessing from their transactions i would think they are trying to compete while Wall is injured.I just think they might be swayed by a big offer because of what happened in OKC.

We can't possibly know if it's worth it or not today. Fultz can be anything. 

Beal is good but it's not like he's an all NBA guy. If you end up trading a bunch of stuff for Joe Johnson it's not gonna feel great in a few years

Silver: NBA needs 'enforceable' free-agency rules

LAS VEGAS -- Commissioner Adam Silver said multiple times during his annual news conference in Las Vegas during summer league that the NBA has "work to do" when it comes to free agency and the rules governing it.

Silver's comments came after a free-agency period in which several star players changed teams through deals that were apparently agreed upon before the official start of free agency at 6 p.m. ET on June 30.

All of the player movement this summer -- coupled with the star players available almost all choosing to sign with teams in either California, New York or Florida -- also led to questions about whether that was a potential long-term problem for the league.

Silver said he wasn't overly concerned by it. But he added that he was cognizant of the fact all 30 teams need to feel they have a chance to compete on a level playing field.

Edit: Read the full article

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27158043/silver-nba-needs-enforceable-free-agency-rules

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irelando said:

Love him, never recall watching a game and thinking "Birch could of done more" hes a beast and I'm glad we have him back.

4. What was the most confounding move?

Kram: In re-signing Nikola Vucevic and Terrence Ross and adding Al-Farouq Aminu for a combined $183 million, the Magic secured the core of a .500 team for the next couple of seasons. Congratulations! They’re above the cap for next season, they have $112 million already committed for 2020-21, and they have $71 million already locked up in just five players—who have combined for one career All-Star appearance—for 2021-22. The entire Eastern Conference might look different in three seasons, but not in Orlando, where the Magic will still be fighting for the 7-seed, at best, for years to come.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/7/10/20687855/nba-free-agency-exit-survey-kawhi-leonard-kevin-durant

19 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Sigh....

Yep. And that's ultimately why I took my stance 10 days ago. We're currently locked up through 2022 which is going to set up the conditions to effectively lock us up through 2025. 

But the only thing they need to do to make me look stupid is to trade vucevic, Ross, and aminu before the summer of 2021 without using picks to make that happen. If they do that we're absolutely fine. If they can't do that this summer was really really short sighted.