Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It depends on what you're sending out. 

Russell makes 27,285,000 next year. So we'd be fine sending out 24+ million in salaries. But we couldn't only send out 22 million in salary. 

And hypothetically Vuc for Russell actually saves us money this year

I could see this having the most legs for two reasons:

1) ORL - Markelle Fultz isn't showing progress, and Bamba - and the rest of the young guys - are.

2) GSW - Russell's play isn't jiving with Warriors play, and Klay Thompson is nearing his return. 

Outside of those reasons, it's hard to imagine ORL dropping Vuc (because at this point, management really value guys who want to be here). Vuc could very well work within the GSW system as he is a good post-scorer and passer whom plays above average team defense. He would complement Draymond / Curry / Klay well. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We didn't stretch Mozgov to sign Birch.

Not stretching Mozgov had us dangerously close to the hard cap. 

We stretched Moz to fill out the last two spots which includes Birch and who ever the last guy is right?

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

We stretched Moz to fill out the last two spots which includes Birch and who ever the last guy is right?

More to pay vucevic in declining salary vs increasing salary. 

Kawhi and PG could/probably will be available in the 2021 free agent class since Kawhi signed a 2+1.  Man, that class is loaded.  If WeltHam can't get off all this long-term money they committed... not gonna be great.  

4 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Any of those guys have Central FL connections? Otherwise, I don’t think they consider Orlando. Our best course of action is player development and trades, and we are accumulating more and more assets under WeltHam. 

37 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Any of those guys have Central FL connections? Otherwise, I don’t think they consider Orlando. Our best course of action is player development and trades, and we are accumulating more and more assets under WeltHam. 

Beal played for UF

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

By the time 2021 rolls around we should be looking like a good destination. 

We are not trading before the season but anything is possible at the deadline. Also guys i don't think they are trading Alexander, they just got him, and at the moment he is the future.

Its very possible for the heat to trade for Westbrook. Trade works with just Dragic and James Johnson. They just have to decide which young piece to send as incentive for the Thunder to make the deal.Originally online i heard mock offers of Winslow,Herro and Bam going back.The heat are not that stupid so i think it will be just one young player, plus a pick or 2. Dragic and Johnson are a must because they can go and already have replacements on the team, along with Russell. They need Bam so basically you are looking at Herro and Okpala or just one and some picks. 

If they make a good trade they can have a starting five or Westbrook,Jimmy,Justice,Bam and Olynyk with Waiters,Jones Jr.,McGruder and Leonard off the bench.That's not too shabby. I hate the heat so i hope it doesn't happen.

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

By the time 2021 rolls around we should be looking like a good destination. 

Which will probably only matter if we can trade Vooch, right?