Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

Everyone does remember that Isaac only played like 2 summer league games last year, right? We saw some good stuff from Bamba, and some stuff that he still needs to improve. We already have a good idea of what he can and cannot do. Why create extra risk of injury if it is not needed? He is just coming back from a leg fracture as a 7 footer.

(Am I crazy or something?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Odin said:

Everyone does remember that Isaac only played like 2 summer league games last year, right? We saw some good stuff from Bamba, and some stuff that he still needs to improve. We already have a good idea of what he can and cannot do. Why create extra risk of injury if it is not needed? He is just coming back from a leg fracture as a 7 footer.

(Am I crazy or something?)

Yes he should be babied, experience means nothing. He has four more years behind our all star. He has plenty of time. Rolls eyes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

    Seems strange. Obviously the skeptical person would think injury or trade.

It's just a thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes he should be babied, experience means nothing. He has four more years behind our all star. He has plenty of time. Rolls eyes 

You whine way too much about stuff you don't understand

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's just a thing

      Yeah i agree i really think we are banking on big things from both players this year. I like that a deeper team means we can manage the usage. Hopefully it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Odin said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-better-way-to-evaluate-nba-defense/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

An interesting different measurement of defense that tries to put the NBA tracking stats into context. It still isn't perfect, but helps paint another picture of defense.

Isn't perfect?!? Yeah, any measure that says Vuc is a better defender than Aaron Gordon isn't even close to perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

f*** ing enlightened me oh wise one. Man U r something 

Summer league doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what Bamba does against centers that aren't playing in the NBA next year. Playing in these types of tournaments just takes up time he could be using to do something else. Just because you're not physically watching him doesn't mean he's not working on his game. You don't have any information. You don't know if he was invited to work out with Isaac and Gordon. You don't know if embiid grabbed him to workout together. You're just complaining that you don't get to watch him take spot up threes against Chris Silva. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Summer league doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what Bamba does against centers that aren't playing in the NBA next year. Playing in these types of tournaments just takes up time he could be using to do something else. Just because you're not physically watching him doesn't mean he's not working on his game. You don't have any information. You don't know if he was invited to work out with Isaac and Gordon. You don't know if embiid grabbed him to workout together. You're just complaining that you don't get to watch him take spot up threes against Chris Silva. 

This would all be fine and true if the Magic weren’t equally as over cautious in the regular season too. It’s not just a summer league thing. If a guy goes out with a limp on our team we all know damn well he’s missing time. Doesn’t matter if it’s summer league or regular season or whatever else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

This would all be fine and true if the Magic weren’t equally as over cautious in the regular season too. It’s not just a summer league thing. If a guy goes out with a limp on our team we all know damn well he’s missing time. Doesn’t matter if it’s summer league or regular season or whatever else. 

Yeah. 

I guess the training staff knows what it's doing though. Basically everybody was healthy last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Summer league doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what Bamba does against centers that aren't playing in the NBA next year. Playing in these types of tournaments just takes up time he could be using to do something else. Just because you're not physically watching him doesn't mean he's not working on his game. You don't have any information. You don't know if he was invited to work out with Isaac and Gordon. You don't know if embiid grabbed him to workout together. You're just complaining that you don't get to watch him take spot up threes against Chris Silva. 

Wow I did not know that was what I was thinking. You must be clairvoyant. 

Seriously u have no clue. 

I’m talking about the way players are pampered these days. And the way they want to be pampered or are forced to be. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×