Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Oh, well. At least Vucevic's annual salary goes down every year, like Gordon's

Top 4 in the East next season MP remember I said it...

21 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Aminu is the non-sloth version of Andrew Nicholson

I think he’ll be better on D and I hope he has Nicholson’s post game; should be average 3 pt shooter. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm not doubting a prediction of yours ever again

What did he predict last time?

Looks like Westbrook may be going to Miami. I said on here I wanted us to pursue him and we definitely need to swing for the fences on guys like him, but you guys are right about his contract. It’s outrageous the next couple of years. He along with Butler will eat so much of their cap 

3 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

This doesnt really make sense, why wouldn't players want to play for a team that will give them pay increases and job security?

IE loyalty

Players in the NBA are paid based on demand and/or production. All teams will give increases based on what they believe a players market worth is, no more but sometimes less. At the end of the day, the NBA is a business like any other and smart teams/businesses aren't going broke for any particular individual they know won't bring them much return. 

Maybe the Magic like Vucevic or Ross (or anyone else) as humans beings but if they didn't believe Vooch and Ross add value to the team, they wouldn't have offered them a dime, doesn't really matter how much they like them. Businesses don't carry human emotions, only a bottom line. In the NBA there are two bottom lines, money and winning. With Vooch and Ross, the Magic are more likely to win games and filling seats. 

Players know all of this and will go where they feel happiest and/or are getting paid the most. Some players just go play in cities they love, some other players will go to the team that give them best chance of winning a championship. No player moves to a team because its the most loyal out of any other lol. It's cute believing a company cares about you and loves you or what not but that's not realistic. 

Again, this is just my opinion.

Great dunk but that pass from Alexander-Walker was sublime...

I think he is gonna be a very very good player. NWA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

This doesnt really make sense, why wouldn't players want to play for a team that will give them pay increases and job security?

IE loyalty

Because they want to go to teams with a legit shot to win a championship, and/or they're looking for bigger media markets.

4 hours ago, jjgator said:

I'm not sure how, a lot of the commentators always mention their D when they play their games. Do most people watch the games on mute?

I think a lot of people don’t watch all of the games and just box score watch. Especially with how late the Dubs games are

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Top 4 in the East next season MP remember I said it...

I'll be happy if we're competing for a playoff spot, and playing meaningful games after February.  I would not consider the playoffs a slam dunk at this point.  Much depends on unknowns:

* Will Bamba improve?  Vuch/Bamba last year were pretty far below .500, we would not have made the playoffs had Bamba not gotten injured.

* What will Fultz do?  Will he play regularly and at be at least decent?  If so, that would be a big boost to the team.

* Will DJ have another great year?  He was outstanding last season.  Can he do it again?

* Will the shooting improve?  If not, we will be potentially fighting for the last playoff spot again.

So I hope that we improve and make the playoffs more convincingly this year, but I'm also not ruling out missing the playoffs completely.