Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, RenatoMV said:

I’m from Brazil, so excuse me for any language mistake, please! 

Let’s think in a best case scenario with a little bit of conspiracy theory... I don’t bite the “we don’t know where Fultz is in his recovery”. Obviously it is just for not giving him any unnecessary pressure and to not create any hope that latter could prove to be nothing more than the hope it self. 

The resigning of Vooch and Ross could very well be just a movement to continue to win and to create an good environment for our young core, as some had pointed here. Or even a nothing better to do anyway, as others had. But, maybe it’s another thing. 

Let’s assume Fultz is recovering very well, and Magic know he will comeback in great shape. It will be basically a 2nd year player that has a lot to prove and to learn, but still, it would be and upgrade from anything we had last year. Just remember, at PG we had DJ and literally nothing more, and Fultz was #1 pic for a reason. 

If that wasn’t the case, why spend all our money this season on a PF (a need for deep too, but much less needed than help at Guard)? 

If I’m right. They resign both Vooch and Ross, went after a PF for deep and released Mozgov because the see this team as one that can do a lot better than last year. 

Follow me:

Fultz - Fournier - Isaac - Gordon - Vooch 

Assuming a Fultz that looks like the one at college, Isaac with a consistent 3pts shoot and a Gordon a little bit better at 3 too. Normal Vooch and a Fournier more like his normal.

DJ - Ross - Iwundu - Aminu - Bamba 

assuming a DJ, Ross and Aminu as always, Iwundu with 33% from 3, and Bamba as last year Birch with 3pts even without consistency 

What that roster can accomplish?? 

We wouldn’t have a real game finisher, as I doubt Fultz, Isaac or Gordon would develop to be that player this year. But, virtually anyone in a hot day could do that in this team. Almost everyone had that “one day potencial” ... 

Denver do basically it and they got to semifinals on a crowded west...

I think Hennigan believes in this best case scenario, with privileged knowledge on Fultz... It makes sense, if you think why Aminu, why release Mozgov (no trade coming, they will give this roster one year chance to prove they are right). 

Of course, it could be that they don’t believe any star would come to Orlando this time, wouldn’t bring anyone that wouldn’t dramatically improve the team with the cost of young core, and Aminu is a young good player with experience anyway... 

But, it can also be that they know and they believe in where Fultz, Isaac, Gordon, Iwundu are... maybe, ... glass half full this time. Why not? I’m a believer. 

Welcome! I agree with you. It seems Weltman and Hammond have confidence in Fultz or else they would have made different moves this summer. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, RenatoMV said:

I’m from Brazil, so excuse me for any language mistake, please! 

Let’s think in a best case scenario with a little bit of conspiracy theory... I don’t bite the “we don’t know where Fultz is in his recovery”. Obviously it is just for not giving him any unnecessary pressure and to not create any hope that latter could prove to be nothing more than the hope it self. 

The resigning of Vooch and Ross could very well be just a movement to continue to win and to create an good environment for our young core, as some had pointed here. Or even a nothing better to do anyway, as others had. But, maybe it’s another thing. 

Let’s assume Fultz is recovering very well, and Magic know he will comeback in great shape. It will be basically a 2nd year player that has a lot to prove and to learn, but still, it would be and upgrade from anything we had last year. Just remember, at PG we had DJ and literally nothing more, and Fultz was #1 pic for a reason. 

If that wasn’t the case, why spend all our money this season on a PF (a need for deep too, but much less needed than help at Guard)? 

If I’m right. They resign both Vooch and Ross, went after a PF for deep and released Mozgov because the see this team as one that can do a lot better than last year. 

Follow me:

Fultz - Fournier - Isaac - Gordon - Vooch 

Assuming a Fultz that looks like the one at college, Isaac with a consistent 3pts shoot and a Gordon a little bit better at 3 too. Normal Vooch and a Fournier more like his normal.

DJ - Ross - Iwundu - Aminu - Bamba 

assuming a DJ, Ross and Aminu as always, Iwundu with 33% from 3, and Bamba as last year Birch with 3pts even without consistency 

What that roster can accomplish?? 

We wouldn’t have a real game finisher, as I doubt Fultz, Isaac or Gordon would develop to be that player this year. But, virtually anyone in a hot day could do that in this team. Almost everyone had that “one day potencial” ... 

Denver do basically it and they got to semifinals on a crowded west...

I think Hennigan believes in this best case scenario, with privileged knowledge on Fultz... It makes sense, if you think why Aminu, why release Mozgov (no trade coming, they will give this roster one year chance to prove they are right). 

Of course, it could be that they don’t believe any star would come to Orlando this time, wouldn’t bring anyone that wouldn’t dramatically improve the team with the cost of young core, and Aminu is a young good player with experience anyway... 

But, it can also be that they know and they believe in where Fultz, Isaac, Gordon, Iwundu are... maybe, ... glass half full this time. Why not? I’m a believer. 

Bem-vindo :)

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Welcome! I agree with you. It seems Weltman and Hammond have confidence in Fultz or else they would have made different moves this summer. 

Thanks

Maybe Westbrook will be able to extend his prime if he takes a little bit of a step back in ball handling duties. But basketball IQ is not really his strong suit, so it might not happen

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Maybe Westbrook will be able to extend his prime if he takes a little bit of a step back in ball handling duties. But basketball IQ is not really his strong suit, so it might not happen

The only thing he needs to do to extend his prime is develop a perimeter game and run an offense but he's shown no signs of being able to do that. 

44 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

One of the most ignorant comments in forum thread history. If you accomplish 1/100th of what that family has done ... 

Terrible ownership. Look at the Clippers when they had bad ownership and now good ownership. THE CLIPPERS!!! The laughing stock of the 90s and 00's.

The Mavericks, Grizzlies, and restricted free agent guard Delon Wright have reached an agreement on a sign-and-trade deal that will send Wright to Dallas, reports ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link). Memphis will receive two second-round picks from the Mavs in the deal, according to Wojnarowski.

Wright signed for the same amount we gave Aminu.

I'd rather have Wright...

19 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Wright signed for the same amount we gave Aminu.

I'd rather have Wright...

They also had to give away 2 second rounders. Is that worth it for a back up?

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

On that note, does anyone know if / how he's jelling with other team members? I don't see much of other Orlando Players on his IG account. 

Same on Twitter, I was a bit worried too, seem completely uninterested on what happens on the team. Could be nothing, but also could be something.

Also, when I saw quite few new pages of discussion on a Sunday, I thought that something relevant happened.. and it was just empty RW discussion.. :(