Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

28 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m hearing that Dallas may offer Vooch a max, perhaps that is just posturing, but they feel that Vooch, Porzingis & Doncic would be a strong core. Is it just me or do you think these guys would get killed in small ball with athleticism, speed and length?  What does the board think?

Yes please 

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m hearing that Dallas may offer Vooch a max, perhaps that is just posturing, but they feel that Vooch, Porzingis & Doncic would be a strong core. Is it just me or do you think these guys would get killed in small ball with athleticism, speed and length?  What does the board think?

I know he would not be their first choice, but if Lakers strike out on big time free agents, Lakers have no center so I wonder if they might make an offer?

I don't think Porz and Vuc is a good PF/C core to build around, too big and slow. Don't tell Dallas that though.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:19 PM, Magicpassion said:

I think they would have to give up on Vuc, eventually. But I hope they give him the max and we don’t match it

• Downvote 1

Russell cited for trying to sneak marijuana onto a plane in NYC. I can’t believe some athletes make these kind of mistakes/decisions before their big paydays. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Is there any way we can clear enough cap room to offer Klay a max contract?

We can clear enough money to offer any single player anything. 

The list of teams with max cap space is large though so why would a guy come here vs any of the other places? We're not going to renounce guys and use our pick to dump salary for the chance to get a guy. We'd only do that if they say they're definitely coming here.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, ?4thewin said:

Stein says Mavs don't really like vucevic. Their targets are kemba and Middleton

Yeah the Mavs just got Porzingis, why would they want to spend money on Vooch? Unless he's coming in for cheap to play off of the bench or something.. I'm not really getting why some writers are trying to push the idea. Are they just trying to make the Mavs into the Eastern Euro team? lol

• Downvote 1