Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

5 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

....... Anyways this year should be a good one with the continued development and growth of our boys......I see us making a jump as a team and fighting for a 4 seed or higher. 

I hope you're right but I've been seeing stuff like this every summer for the past 6 years, and it mostly hasn't come to pass.  As I said, I'm going to wait to see it before I believe it.

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Ok so you don’t think Dwight is an option. I don’t either. But if that’s how you feel, you’re saying that there is a type of player who, despite prior accolades, is not currently productive or good enough to justify financially crippling the team for years. Westbrook fits in that category the same way Dwight does, just not to as extreme of a degree.

I disagree. He fits in because we have absolutely no one who can get to the basket and create those attempts. We have no alpha. We have no one we can give the ball to and say go get us buckets. We don’t even have a starting PG.

Just two years ago Russ was an MVP candidate. Last year, an all star and a constant all star. Dwight hasn’t sniffed that in ages. That’s without getting into the fact that one takes the game very seriously while the other farts and laughs during losses. Two totally different sides of the spectrum.

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I disagree. He fits in because we have absolutely no one who can get to the basket and create those attempts. We have no alpha. We have no one we can give the ball to and say go get us buckets. We don’t even have a starting PG.

Just two years Russ was an MVP candidate. Last year, an all star and a constant all star. Dwight hasn’t sniffed that in ages. Two totally different sides of the spectrum.

Westbrook isn't that guy anymore. He wasn't that guy on his team last year. He couldn't get past the Portland guards in the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Westbrook isn't that guy anymore. He wasn't that guy on his team last year. He couldn't get past the Portland guards in the playoffs. 

Yeah he is. He hasn’t just gone from athletic to Greg Kite in a matter of quarter of a season. Just stop with that.

They clogged the lane preventing him to attack. Problem there is OKC has no shooters. 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah he is. He hasn’t just gone from athletic to Greg Kite in a matter of quarter of a season. Just stop with that.

They clogged the lane preventing him to attack. Problem there is OKC has no shooters. 

I'm not going to stop until you understand. 

There's a reason why Zach Lowe calls Westbrook the second worst contract in the NBA behind John Wall. 

He'll probably be ok this year but he's going to continue to get worse and whoever gets him is going to be stuck with a bad player for 3 years. 

• Upvote 1

I'm just going to be blunt and say anyone advocating a Westbrook trade at this point just doesn't know anything about basketball.

I get that people are unhappy with Vucevic--I guarantee you'll be even more unhappy when Westbrook is on our team and needs to be paid 46 million dollars at age 35. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not going to stop until you understand. 

There's a reason why Zach Lowe calls Westbrook the second worst contract in the NBA behind John Wall. 

He'll probably be ok this year but he's going to continue to get worse and whoever gets him is going to be stuck with a bad player for 3 years. 

I don’t need you get me to understand. You have your opinions I have mine. I don’t think he’ll be so fallen off the map that we’re going to be stuck. Maybe by year 3-4 we’ll see some athletic decline but I don’t agree it’s going to be as rapid or as severe as you believe.

4 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I'm just going to be blunt and say anyone advocating a Westbrook trade at this point just doesn't know anything about basketball.

I get that people are unhappy with Vucevic--I guarantee you'll be even more unhappy when Westbrook is on our team and needs to be paid 46 million dollars at age 35. 

I agree, I’d rather be upset with Vuc’s contract that’s actually traceable than be stuck with a soon to be declining Westbrook. He also would hate to play here and I’d hate to give up assets for a player that could force his way outta here with the type of leverage players have these days. I’m all for sticking with Vuc until we trade him for D-Lo or another player that can create for themselves on the offensive side of the ball. 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I don’t need you get me to understand. You have your opinions I have mine. I don’t think he’ll be so fallen off the map that we’re going to be stuck. Maybe by year 3-4 we’ll see some athletic decline but I don’t agree it’s going to be as rapid or as severe as you believe.

IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING

Compared to when he was 24. No **** but he’s still far superior than most PG’s in the athletic department.

13 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I love it. Every time I go against the norm or vast majority, I get names and insults yet in time, I’m right.