Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

We should do everything in our power to try and snag Westbrook regardless of what it costs. Take on gallinari’s contract for a year to help them unload, then clear a little bit more space for a max contract next summer. The East is wide open and we’ve been rebuilding for too long through the draft while other teams make moves to compete right away

You didn't watch Westbrook recently. 

Waiving and stretching Mozgov almost points to us bringing back Birch. Allows us to also use that last spot on a guard.

11 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Wonder if we can now grab Avery Bradley and Khem back too?

Depends on if Bradley wants the minimum to not play

16 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Which is? I mean you still have Fultz...How are we going to get that “greater”? 

By not giving up 3 unprotected firsts and Bamba. By doing that trade, we’re basically going all in for two years and being left with dramatically less upside.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I disagree it makes us worse. Think it gives us exactly what’s been missing. A guy who can get to the paint and the free throw line.

I didn't say that makes us worse as a team.. it was clearly referred to the decisions management take this offseason. He could make us better in the short run, but it would be another terrible decision long term.

36 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You didn't watch Westbrook recently. 

Anyone who doesn't think our franchise gets better acquiring a talent like him not just for his skills, but for what talent he would attract to come play with him, is missing the point altogether.

13 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

By not giving up 3 unprotected firsts and Bamba. By doing that trade, we’re basically going all in for two years and being left with dramatically less upside.

I’m not even going into why I disagree.

We’re not trading for him.