Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

They got jeremy lamb and TJ warren. You are not giving this 2 guys enough credit. Warren is a legit player. 

A line up of: Brogdon, Warren , Oladipo, Lamb, Sabonis, Turner, Bitadze and Holiday is pretty decent. Not to mention that they will likely sign Rubio in the next few days.  They are as good if not better than last season.  

I see Brooklyn, toronto(with and without leonard), Boston, Pacers, Milwaukee, miami and Sixers above us. Then you have Detroit, Magic and Cleveland fighting for the 8 spot. 

I think we are going to be in the same position as last year. I said this with a grain of salt as I dont know  exact status on Fultz and Bamba.

Rubio signed with Phoenix

Now that we basically have our team in place any thoughts on who will take their game to the next level next season?

Not counting Fultz because he is just trying to get on the court the way I see it is we have just a few guys that can take the next step. Vooch, Fournier, Augustine are pretty much maxed at their potential. Sure, they can improve, but I guess they are pretty close to their ceiling. That leaves AG, Bamba, JI, and Iwundu as our core of young guys whose ceiling is still unknown. Of that group, Bamba should be the one who shows the most improvement from year one, but that is sort of a gimme since he was hurt most of last year. Iwundu is coming along. I like what I have seen but he just might not have enough potential to be a real influence. That leaves AG and JI. Will one of these guys move the needle? I know AG is motivated. He really embraced his defensive role last year but can he take his offense to the next level and be a go-to guy? As much as I want to see that the jury is still out. When he has gotten his chance he's been inconsistent. JI, on the other hand, had a stretch last year where he was really balling. Was that a fluke or will that be the norm this year? I am hoping that it will become the norm so he's the guy I am looking at to really make a big impact on the team next year. I really like AG. Nothing against him. He's a big part of our franchise, but it's JI who I believe will be the guy who raises his game and takes the next step. What about you? Is it going to be the same ole, same ole or will we have a guy emerge?

Is there a possibility that part of Vuc's resigning included a discussion of how we'd use him.  Sure he's slow footed, but when we push the ball there is a decent chance he simply needs to find the outlet pass, right?  When we run offense, if he's playing the high post he'd be looking for JI, AG, EF, or MF cutting?  

I want to not hate the offseason, but I still do.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is there a possibility that part of Vuc's resigning included a discussion of how we'd use him.  Sure he's slow footed, but when we push the ball there is a decent chance he simply needs to find the outlet pass, right?  When we run offense, if he's playing the high post he'd be looking for JI, AG, EF, or MF cutting?  

I want to not hate the offseason, but I still do.

No way. I don’t see the offense changing much from what it was last year.

and the bench will remain he Terrence Ross one man show

• Upvote 1

Y’all are truly hating. Post All-Star break we were #1 in the league in defensive efficiency and had the #3 record in the East. How does everyone assume we will still be fighting for the 8th seed with this same hungry team? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Y’all are truly hating. Post All-Star break we were #1 in the league in defensive efficiency and had the #3 record in the East. How does everyone assume we will still be fighting for the 8th seed with this same hungry team? 

And you're truly loving, assuming that this team will be hungry by default :). We've seen this before, unfortunately...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

You can't take what happened at the end of last season and apply it to next season. A team does what we did every year and it never carries over. 

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

They got jeremy lamb and TJ warren. You are not giving this 2 guys enough credit. Warren is a legit player. 

A line up of: Brogdon, Warren , Oladipo, Lamb, Sabonis, Turner, Bitadze and Holiday is pretty decent. Not to mention that they will likely sign Rubio in the next few days.  They are as good if not better than last season.  

I see Brooklyn, toronto(with and without leonard), Boston, Pacers, Milwaukee, miami and Sixers above us. Then you have Detroit, Magic and Cleveland fighting for the 8 spot. 

I think we are going to be in the same position as last year. I said this with a grain of salt as I dont know  exact status on Fultz and Bamba.

I like all of Brogdon, Lamb and Warren. But they've lost numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5 guys who played the most total minutes for them last season. None of the guys they've brought in have ever started more than 70 games in a regular season. They've got younger and more exciting but I don't necessarily think that will translate to wins this coming season.

Also Rubio has signed with the Suns. 

We'll be better than Indiana this year. Oladipo isn't supposed to play until January and it's going to take him a while to get back where he was. 

Our top 6 missed 16 combined games last year. That's not normal. That number should be closer to 30 or 40 even in a really healthy season. Those aren't even big injury numbers. That's everyone in the top 6 playing 75-77 games. 

We're a better team. But better doesn't mean we get to add a bunch of wins to our record. That team isn't a 50 win team unless we have something that we didn't have last year. Fultz could be that. But sitting here in July we can't expect that he'll be Donovan Mitchell

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

No way. I don’t see the offense changing much from what it was last year.

and the bench will remain he Terrence Ross one man show

^^^This