Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

15 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

^^^This. Butler was not of much help to the  76ers in the playoffs. He maybe had a couple of "okay" games, but he struggled to find his shots.

He averaged 22 points 7 rebounds and 6 assists per game against Toronto. He was Philly's best player and the main reason that series went to 7 games

• Upvote 4

For those on the board that were disappointed in this free agency period, I encourage you to read Mike Bianchi’s article in the sentinel titled: Hallelujah! Magic’s best free agents — Vooch and T-Ross — actually chose to stay in Orlando | Commentary. It lays out a pretty good argument why we did indeed make the prudent moves considering the position we are currently in. 

• Downvote 1

Ok, I’m going to start the optimism.

1. We were one of the best teams down the stretch this season

2. We identified needs: shot creator (Fultz)?, depth - we’ve upgraded with Aminu , still need shooting and more creation. 

3. No way Fournier is going to shoot this poorly again setting up for a contract year.

4. Bamba has been working hard.

5. Our youth are only going to be better. 

6. Many will disagree, but I believe Vooch will give us his best and another year in Clifford’s system and developing others will help. Finally continuity!

7. Fultz? This will be the factor if we can position ourselves a top 4 seed. 

8. There was a lot of movement and some chemistry to be explored but we stayed consistent. 

All goes well no significant injuries 45 to 50 wins, otherwise 38 to 42

My humble but fun opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hello guys, I have been reviewing at least the last 10 pages or so, and I found nothing on the MCW signing.

Now I understand that there is not a lot of hype associated with his deal right now, but he made a heck of a contribution down the stretch. I think his one year deal also means that he wants to prove and improve with this team, and he improves our  2nd team defense. 

On the same note, no Love for Khem Birch, I think we will miss his production.

8 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Ok, I’m going to start the optimism.

1. We were one of the best teams down the stretch this season

2. We identified needs: shot creator (Fultz)?, depth - we’ve upgraded with Aminu , still need shooting and more creation. 

3. No way Fournier is going to shoot this poorly again setting up for a contract year.

4. Bamba has been working hard.

5. Our youth are only going to be better. 

6. Many will disagree, but I believe Vooch will give us his best and another year in Clifford’s system and developing others will help. Finally continuity!

7. Fultz? This will be the factor if we can position ourselves a top 4 seed. 

8. There was a lot of movement and some chemistry to be explored but we stayed consistent. 

All goes well no significant injuries 45 to 50 wins, otherwise 38 to 42

My humble but fun opinion. 

Most pessimism isn't coming for this season. It's a 2021 issue. That's the summer we need to resign Fultz and Isaac. It's the last chance to pair them with a big free agent as those two and Bamba will be entering their prime. 

Before free agency we had 67 million on the books. Giving us significant room to retool with a max free agent around Fultz-Isaac-okeke-Bamba long term.

As it sits today we now have something around 112 million on the books for that summer. Not counting future moves. 

If vucevic and Ross are tradable after a year or 2 then most pessimism was just a waste of time. If they're not then it has a dramatic impact on the ceiling of the team going forward and we either blow it that summer or have to spend several draft picks clearing 40 million in salary. 

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I love Khem!! Has he signed somewhere else?

Yeah, I loved the guy as well, I think he will be a last minute signing somewhere in the west. From what I understand, we can resign him, but it will take us over the cap, and it just wouldn't make sense for either him or us. Someone will pay this guy and be glad they did. 

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Can anyone tell me why we didn’t go after Jeremy lamb instead of aminu. Contracts are almost identical. Smdh. 

Because we were more looking for a Martin upgrade and replacement. Lamb is more of a 2-3. At least that is how I see it.

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Most pessimism isn't coming for this season. It's a 2021 issue. That's the summer we need to resign Fultz and Isaac. It's the last chance to pair them with a big free agent as those two and Bamba will be entering their prime. 

Before free agency we had 67 million on the books. Giving us significant room to retool with a max free agent around Fultz-Isaac-okeke-Bamba long term.

As it sits today we now have something around 112 million on the books for that summer. Not counting future moves. 

If vucevic and Ross are tradable after a year or 2 then most pessimism was just a waste of time. If they're not then it has a dramatic impact on the ceiling of the team going forward and we either blow it that summer or have to spend several draft picks clearing 40 million in salary. 

Well, I think the long term and strategic plan for the continued growth, is evident. The days of shooting from the hip (Hennie) all the while destroying your future and trading talented players just prior to their development are over! 

AND I LIKE IT!