Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Middleton and Horford stand out to me. Barnes deal isn’t bad to me. Good defender and scorer, money seems about right. 

Nah Barnes is an overpay for sure. 21.25 a year

27 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah but they have that in their backcourt. You know more than anyone you put Vooch on that team, it takes away from what Vooch does well. GS needs what we wanted to do. A athletic big who runs, rebounds and defends. If they can shoot the 3, great but they are at their best when they have that kind of C.

I think in most cases that's true but they value ball movement and spacing and you could probably justify his defense because they have Draymond. 

It's why they were so big on Kevin love before Jerry West talked them out of it. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think in most cases that's true but they value ball movement and spacing and you could probably justify his defense because they have Draymond. 

It's why they were so big on Kevin love before Jerry West talked them out of it. 

Right but just KLove, I think Vooch would hinder their style. A lot of what they do is defense. Initiating offense with defense for Steph and Klay and is why they were so good. 

I’ll say this, as a backup I can see it but I don’t see GS having any interest in Vooch at his age and his contract. More than likely they’d want Bamba.

1 minute ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Rozier's deal has to be the biggest overpay

Tobias. 

I still don't see what teams see in him that takes him such significantly higher than the randle, Aaron Gordon, Bobby Portis, Barnes, Rudy Gay tier of guys. 

He's an opportunistic scorer. He finds times throughout games to accumulate points. That's not a bad thing to be but when he plays against great defensive players they limit those opportunities and he can't create for himself. That's not a max money guy. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Tobias. 

I still don't see what teams see in him that takes him such significantly higher than the randle, Aaron Gordon, Bobby Portis, Barnes, Rudy Gay tier of guys. 

He's an opportunistic scorer. He finds times throughout games to accumulate points. That's not a bad thing to be but when he plays against great defensive players they limit those opportunities and he can't create for himself. That's not a max money guy. 

Agree and I love Tobias. He's a third banana now signed to first banana money.

1 hour ago, Catalina Maria said:

5+ years of Vuc/Fournier mediocrity will prove me correct. Trade Fournier/Mozgov for Wiggins and I’m game. It’s a risk worth taking if we are serious about committing to Brooke Lopez 2.0.

More like Lopez .5. I would take Brooke and his contract over vooch all day. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Is Kris Dunn worth a reclamation project or is he too old and flawed?

I don't really see the point. 

I think that last spot is going to briscoe, Jeffries, or some veteran wing that doesn't mind being the 11th man. Troy Daniels, Meeks, Jamal Crawford. 

Also we can't trade for Dunn. No cap space, no trade exceptions (afaik). The only trade we can do where we just absorb a guy's salary is for players on minimum contracts.