Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

What about Ayton though? Those 2 definitely can’t play together and I don’t see Phoenix giving up on him so fast especially if he continues to improve every year. 

Lol, very good point. My emotions made me forget about Ayton

Well. I don't see Russell's time in Golden State being that long. If Fultz doesn't work this year I could see a Russell-vucevic swap next summer

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why did the Knicks sign a bunch of bench players for big money?

Yeah they topped us with the wtf free agency. Them and Philly.

Aminu signed with Portland in 2015 on a 4 year, $30 million deal in the wake of the LaMarcus Aldridge departure. Since then, he has been a staple at the power forward position, averaging 9.4 points, 7.2 rebounds, 0.9 steals, and 0.6 blocks per game during his time in Rip City.

However, as popularly referenced, Aminu turned into an offensive liability for Portland during the playoffs. This made it tough for the Blazers as they tried to advance deeper into the playoffs.

Aminu’s fit with the Magic is extremely confusing. Already with a gluttony of big men and needing guards, he adds to the positional overlap that has been in place for years now.

The Magic now employ Aaron GordonJonathan Isaac, rookie Chuma Okeke, Aminu, recently signed Nikola VucevicMo Bamba, and Wesley Iwundu at the forward and center spots. Although it is going to be tough for everyone to get playing time, Aminu will likely have a higher priority than most due to his experience in the league.

https://ripcityproject.com/2019/06/30/portland-trail-blazers-al-farouq-aminu-sign-magic/

I really don't understand signing Aminu unless there's a trade coming.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Well. I don't see Russell's time in Golden State being that long. If Fultz doesn't work this year I could see a Russell-vucevic swap next summer

I don’t. I think we need to start looking at what makes the least sense, and start predicting that’s what will happen.

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I think, just by looking at contracts, AG is the guy we end up trading. I don’t see anyone wanting Vooch at this point. 

Just like Vic and Harris, I wouldn’t give up on AG too quickly. 23, great contract, and still has plenty of all-star upside. He’ll never be a go-to scorer, but he’s a glue guy whom every successful team needs. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://ripcityproject.com/2019/06/30/portland-trail-blazers-al-farouq-aminu-sign-magic/

I really don't understand signing Aminu unless there's a trade coming.

Aminu backs up Isaac and Gordon. 

Okeke isn't playing until January. 

When Okeke is ready to play NBA minutes (whether that's January, next summer, February of 2021, etc) we flip aminu to another team for an expiring contract. 

The Magic do not know when Markelle Fultz will play next, but the Al-Farouq Aminu deal means Orlando trusts Evan Fournier to run some point. Orlando may expand Aaron Gordon’s and Jonathan Isaac’s roles as ball handlers. The quicker Gordon and Isaac can continue to improve their ball handling, the better for both individuals and the team itself.

If Markelle Fultz is not ready to play by the beginning of the season and no other moves are made, Aaron Gordon could be in line for the most ball handling responsibilities on the team after D.J. Augustin.

This is probably best for Gordon and Isaac’s long-term development instead of using the mid-level exception on a veteran point guard. A better shooter would have been a smart use of the money, but it is tough to get a great shooter on a cheap deal these days.

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2019/06/30/85463/

can't wait to see Fournier running point (not)