Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I like that last quote. Hopefully someone over pays a bit for Vuc and we just let him go. 

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Love his attitude.  JI and his game should become a nightmare matchup for almost anyone he plays.  At the 3 with his height he should learn to post up smaller defenders by developing a low post game.  Definitely continue to practice the three ball combined with driving to the basket as his ball handling matures.  His 3 ball got better as this season progressed but I hate to see him just standing out there waiting for a pass to take a 3.  His game can be so much better if developed correctly.

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Love his attitude.  JI and his game should become a nightmare matchup for almost anyone he plays.  At the 3 with his height he should learn to post up smaller defenders by developing a low post game.  Definitely continue to practice the three ball combined with driving to the basket as his ball handling matures.  His 3 ball got better as this season progressed but I hate to see him just standing out there waiting for a pass to take a 3.  His game can be so much better if developed correctly.

While I agree with you on him posting up smaller defenders it just can’t physically happen yet. Once he starts filling out his frame with constant offseason weight room training, and knocking down those 3’s consistently, plus handling the ball more with actual offense ran for and through him. The Magic will put the league on notice and we will be contenders in the East with the continued development of the rest of our young core. 

So when do we think the basic framework for the team will be set for next season?   End of July?  Later than that?

Seems like it might be kind of quiet for at least the next month.  Even draft day this year won’t generate nearly as much attention as it has in the last few years(thank goodness). 

17 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

The last statement is very easy to make when you do not have the money to chase big time free agents.  That last comment is perfect for our current scenario in which we are trying to resign two good players but not All Star players.  I will be more interested to see what Weltman says/does when he does have the money  (in a year or two) to chase a big time All Star, all NBA type  player.  If it is the philosophy above we will probably just remain a small market team with some good years (who we draft develops before some of them leave) with only minimal impact.  I will give them the benefit of the doubt since this FO has been favorable and hope that philosophy/attitude changes when we have the money.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

So when do we think the basic framework for the team will be set for next season?   End of July?  Later than that?

Seems like it might be kind of quiet for at least the next month.  Even draft day this year won’t generate nearly as much attention as it has in the last few years(thank goodness). 

I'd argue the basic framework basically already exists. 

We're gonna have a 9 or 10 man rotation. Augustin, Fournier, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba, Fultz or MCW or similar backup, iwundu makes 7 of the 9 or 10 spots. If we resign Ross and vucevic they'll be in those spots or we'll replace them with a lesser shooter in regards to Ross and a free agent center that can fill a gap like Robin Lopez.