Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, Mike1989 said:

Durant and Kyrie going to the Nets must sting for Knicks fans; however, it is quite amusing that the Knicks have missed out again because James Dolan is a right you know what. 

So where is Kawhi going? That’s the next big domino to fall.

Every source is saying the Lakers are the current Kawhi favorite 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

Knicks just struck out hard in their hopes of revitalizing their fan base. They must have distinction out the wazoo for players to avoid there for often despite its obvious media market. 

With an owner like James Dolan I don’t blame players for wanting to stay away. Their fans are passionate and they do play in one of the great arenas in a huge market, but with the level of dysfunction they have within their front office and ownership, they aren’t really an appealing team to play for at this time. Maybe they’ll be more appealing if Dolan sells up and they get a new owner and they shake things up?

Just now, Magicman28 said:

? I don’t see anything 

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Deleted...What was it?

Rozier to the Hornets. 3 year 58 mill, part of a sign and trade

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Every source is saying the Lakers are the current Kawhi favorite 

On the one hand I’d prefer to see him stay with the Raptors or go to the Clippers rather than going to form a big three with the Lakers, but on the other it’s a totally understandable move because it should take a lot of pressure off him. He’s struggled with injuries in recent years and sat twenty odd games this season, joining the Lakers should take the do it all burden off him (same goes with LeBron and AD), and perhaps that will help keep them fresher for the season.

29 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

If he was a legit All-Star he would create for himself and carry the team. Not disappear and play like a guy whose never seen a basketball court in his life. I don’t buy the excuse he didn’t have help, I feel if we had better guard play and didn’t have to rely on a slow plodding effortless center we would have fared better than we did in the playoffs. People say they don’t know where the offense would come from but we hardly ran plays for anyone not named Vuc or Fournier. Of course nobody else is gonna standout on that side of the ball if they don’t get plays ran for them. Stop tying up money on big men and let’s start getting some quality guards on this team. Can’t sign anyone if you’re tying the money up on an empty stats “All-Star.” 

Agreed 1,000 percent! Well said!

24 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Oh.My.Goodness., OTH! You and I were thinking the same thing. I had thought about posting what you mentioned in your first 4 sentences.

Vucevic did not get us to the playoffs by himself. There were other teammates whose production helped to make it happen. I was extremely surprised by our bench that helped keep games close in the last few games of the regular season. So, no, Vuch did not do it by himself.

Oh, and IMHO, and by far, your post on page 128 "LMBO" is the post of day, no, make that post of the week, no....the month....no..maybe the year!   Laughter is the best medicine.  Thank you for that.