Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

So with kd and kyrie going to the nets, butler going to the heat, and kemba going Boston is it possible some of these teams that have stricken out max vuc?

1 minute ago, Okethree said:

So with kd and kyrie going to the nets, butler going to the heat, and kemba going Boston is it possible some of these teams that have stricken out max vuc?

I don't think Butler is going to the heat

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think Butler is going to the heat

I agree. What a head scratcher that would be. Miami isn't going anywhere fast and Butler doesn't even come close to making them a contender. He'd be better off staying put in Philly.

2 minutes ago, Okethree said:

I am also noticing that everyone is going to the east. Seems like more players are realizing it is an easier course to an NBA championship through the east and are signing accordingly. 

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

I agree. What a head scratcher that would be. Miami isn't going anywhere fast and Butler doesn't even come close to making them a contender. He'd be better off staying put in Philly.

He wants to go to the heat but there's way too many hoops to jump through for it to be plausible

Just now, TreyMachine said:

I am also noticing that everyone is going to the east. Seems like more players are realizing it is an easier course to an NBA championship through the east and are signing accordingly. 

Which makes our road a lot rockier.

Knicks just struck out hard in their hopes of revitalizing their fan base. They must have distinction out the wazoo for players to avoid there for often despite its obvious media market. 

14 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Sure, you can put Voochs improvement down to a contract year but the main reason was Clifford playing Vooch to his strengths. He spent the past few years playing primarily mid range with horrid efficiency. This changed due to the improvement in his 3 point shot and Clifford making a concerted effort to use him in the post. There's no reason to believe that won't improve again especially if there's further improvement from the 3 point line.

As for your statement about Bamba being better defensively last season than Vooch, that's just flat out wrong. Bamba was awful, statistically one of the worst players in the entire league. I would much prefer we took a chance on Bamba rather than going with Vooch but Bamba was projected last year as one of the rawest players in the draft and it could take his full rookie contract to be anywhere near what he's projected to maybe become, he needs to show he can outperform our third string centre first . . .

I've openly said I would rather take a step back next year to have the chance of being better longer term but I'm not going to make knee jerk reactions until the roster has stabilised after the free agency period settles.

Look at my post on page 128 and the attached evaluation of Bamba's year and you will realize you are wrong about Bamba's defensive stats.  Use facts not opinions when making your point.

Durant and Kyrie going to the Nets must sting for Knicks fans; however, it is quite amusing that the Knicks have missed out again because James Dolan is a right you know what. 

So where is Kawhi going? That’s the next big domino to fall.