Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Resign Ross, sign Satoransky and hope that that 4th year is a team option for Vuc and I'm pretty content with this summer.

Fultz/Augustin/Satoransky

Fournier/Ross/Satoransky/Iwundu

Isaac/AG/Iwundu

AG/Okeke

Vuc/Bamba/Birch or whatever 3rd big

I'd actually be excited by Wiggins as long as it didn't cost us anything but Fournier. His contract is terrible but we're capped out for the foreseeable future anyway at this point.

We can't afford to bring in Ross and satoransky

How does trading for Wiggins make any sense? The Wolves need to shed a substantial amount of space to sign D Lo. We’re in no position to help them clear cap. 

Just now, New Guy said:

How does trading for Wiggins make any sense? The Wolves need to shed a substantial amount of space to sign D Lo. We’re in no position to help them clear cap. 

Well trading for Wiggins is probably a bad move but we could send them fournier and Mozgov and they could send Mozgov to a third team which most teams would be more receptive to absorbing 1 year of bad money vs 4. 

Then they could send teague to Phoenix or something (because they don't really need him at that point). 

28 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I hate that ?4thewin has me ready to happily accept a trade for Wiggins.

Remember when this board wanted to tank for Wiggins?

Pepperidge Farms remembers 

7 minutes ago, New Guy said:

It doesn't because it's a pipe dream. Unless we were to trade for Wiggins prior to signing Vuc, we won't be able to trade for him while giving Minny the necessary cap room - unless we're completing a 3 way deal with the nets in a sign and trade, but we don't have the pieces unless we're willing to trade Bamba / Isaac in the deal on a friendly salary and the nets are willing to take back one of our bad contracts (Mosgov / Fournier). 

And then there's the fact that other teams could probably give a better package for a 23 y/o with crazy upside. 

I just don't see it having any legs with a 0.0001% chance.

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

It doesn't because it's a pipe dream. Unless we were to trade for Wiggins prior to signing Vuc, we won't be able to trade for him while giving Minny the necessary cap room - unless we're completing a 3 way deal with the nets in a sign and trade, but we don't have the pieces unless we're willing to trade Bamba / Isaac in the deal on a friendly salary and the nets are willing to take back one of our bad contracts (Mosgov / Fournier). 

I just don't see it having any legs with a 0.0001% chance. 

You're getting a lot of cap stuff wrong. 

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

It was just such a luxury to finally have a guy who you could see checking in at the scorer's table and say "alright, here's where we make our comeback" or "here's where we push our lead to 12".  His instant offense was something we haven't had since when?  Pietrus?  And those teams didn't really need a boost very often.  Ross was often tasked with being the sole scorer and he routinely delivered.

^^^This

I would also add DJ to your take on Ross. DJ was also a 3 pt. sharp shooter and was good at driving through the paint and making fantastic layups then falling to the floor.

I love myself some DJ.

• Upvote 1

Agreed it really is a pipe dream. Whoever absorbs Wiggins actually has to “absorb” Wiggins. They’re not looking to move Hom to match salaries they need to clear up like almost $30 million for D-Lo. There needs to be a team willing to take on more salary than they give up in a trade. Wolves could get there but they’d probably have to unload Teague somewhere as well to get something done that actually frees them the necessary funds.

theres a minimal chance at best that Orlando would be involved at all. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

You're getting a lot of cap stuff wrong. 

Probably. Point is - I just don't see how in the world Minny would essentially just give Wiggins away.

1. D-Lo would have to be seriously interested (he's not).

2. Minny would have to trade Wiggins to a team with an adequate package (of which we probably don't have the best). 

3. It would kill our cap space, and I don't think Wiggins is the type of locker room personality we're looking for. 

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Probably. Point is - I just don't see how in the world Minny would essentially just give Wiggins away.

2. Minny would have to trade Wiggins to a team with an adequate package (of which we probably don't have the best). 

3. It would kill our cap space, and I don't think Wiggins is the type of locker room personality we're looking for. 

You don't have to have an opinion on things you don't know about. 

1. Russell has Minnesota as his top destination. 

2. Minnesota is trying to give Wiggins away. 

3. What cap space? And what locker room personality? There's no character concerns there at all. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Lol you're wrong on everything you said.