Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Just now, andrew2018022 said:

Not necessarily. We haven't seen the contract yet, if it has a team option after the 3rd year then it wouldn't exceed Mo's rookie deal

No it'd just put us in a bad position where we have to resign a guy who has no long term starting experience

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok so we're something like 18 million under the luxury tax right now and need to sign Ross (or Ross' replacement), and fill out the remaining 3 spots. 

So, if we bring back Ross and want to use the full MLE, we have to stretch Mozgov just to stay under the tax? Cause I don’t see ownership willing to pay the tax for this group 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We invested in vucevic on a contract that exceeds Bamba's. It doesn't make sense to develop a backup who can only play 1 position. It's poor value. 

I think you are overdramatizing the situation. Just wait for Mo to develop into someone reliable and durable first.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, if we bring back Ross and want to use the full MLE, we have to stretch Mozgov just to stay under the tax? Cause I don’t see ownership willing to pay the tax for this group 

I don't think we'll use the MLE. 

Just now, UEBERMORTAL said:

I think you are overdramatizing the situation. Just wait for Mo to develop into someone reliable and durable.

He won’t get the opportunity here to develop in to that with Vooch occupying 3/4 of the Center minutes. Neither can play the 4. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but right now, Mo’s value to the team comes in what we can get for him, and what we can get for him dwindles a little bit every day of his rookie contract that passes by.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I don't think we'll use the MLE. 

So Ross back for like 14-15 and 3 minimum slots, just skate under the tax and roll back the exact same squad until the inevitable Bamba trade happens?

2 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

I think you are overdramatizing the situation. Just wait for Mo to develop into someone reliable and durable.

No I'm not. It makes more sense to cash in Mo for a wing vs letting his value atrophy. 

It's just a smarter move. You only need to invest in one center. 

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

So Ross back for like 14-15 and 3 minimum slots, just skate under the tax and roll back the exact same squad until the inevitable Bamba trade happens?

Basically

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

He won’t get the opportunity here to develop in to that with Vooch occupying 3/4 of the Center minutes. Neither can play the 4. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but right now, Mo’s value to the team comes in what we can get for him, and what we can get for him dwindles a little bit every day of his rookie contract that passes by.

Vooch has a career avg. of 30 mpg, which still leaves 18 at least for Mo. But right now, I don't see Mo to be the force (even with more playing time) which all of you guys are advertising.  He still needs a lot of time to develop.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No I'm not. It makes more sense to cash in Mo for a wing vs letting his value atrophy. 

It's just a smarter move. You only need to invest in one center. 

I'm not even sure, if he has a good value on the trade market. What are you expecting in return?