Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're going to be a luxury tax team with Vuc, Gordon, and Fournier as our big 3 lol. 

This makes me sick to my stomach.

I mean how dumb is this?

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Mo has GOT to be traded now doesn’t he?  He and his agent should be demanding it. 

Probably not today but soon. 

According to Jason Jones of The Athletic, DeMarcus Cousins has interest in a return to the Kings, but the feeling isn't mutual.

Jones notes that the Kings are targeting centers that will allow the team to play faster. Cousins isn't someone that fits that mold, especially after his Achilles injury. As far as other suitors go, the Knicks are said to have mild interest in Cousins.

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Mo has GOT to be traded now doesn’t he?  He and his agent should be demanding it. 

Mo isn't getting traded. You can have him be the center of the future while giving him the backup role at the same time. He wasn't going to start for us anyways, and our FO is still on high on him, per every credible source. Having Vooch hold down the fort for Mo while he develops isn't the end of the world...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Mo isn't getting traded. You can have him be the center of the future while giving him the backup role at the same time. He wasn't going to start for us anyways, and our FO is still on high on him, per every credible source. Having Vooch hold down the fort for Mo while he develops isn't the end of the world...

How will we know if he's the center of the future if he's never getting more than 16mpg

Just now, ?4thewin said:

How will we know if he's the center of the future if he's never getting more than 16mpg

Can he at least show us he's capable of playing more than 16 minutes first? He couldn't handle that load last year. Hopefully that changes, but he's going to get the playing time he earns. He isn't going to be gifted PT just for being a #6 pick. If Mo really feels that he deserves more, he'll show it in Summer League. He'll show it in practice. He'll show it in the games. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

As I stated earlier, Mo is 20 years old.  I would imagine he will need to continue to develop and improve himself over the next two years and then we will have a decision to make on whether to trade Mo or Vuc (I’m assuming it will be Vuc on an expiring after his 3rd year where Mo takes over as starter, should his development continue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oh My Head! said:

Thanks for trying but I’m not in the mood to be positive right now. Maybe later after I have had another pot of coffee. ;-)

Coffee alone will only make you feel worse.  Better add something to it to numb the pain.

• Upvote 1

All of you have given too much credit to Mo with very little consistent showing last year. He is a project that is at least two years away from consistent contribution. In the meantime, we have a very capable and productive starter. overpaid? Perhaps. But he is in line with Gordon and Isaac to compete now in the next 2-3 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2