Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

"He averaged 24.3 points, 14.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 1.3 blocks and 1.2 stealz. The only season in NBA history in which all five of those marks were hit? Was when KG won his lone MVP." via Bleacher Report.

This is the kind of **** the front office got sucked into. 

3 minutes ago, The Boss said:

"He averaged 24.3 points, 14.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 1.3 blocks and 1.2 stealz. The only season in NBA history in which all five of those marks were hit? Was when KG won his lone MVP." via Bleacher Report.

This is the kind of **** the front office got sucked into. 

Yup because then they can post that same crap on FB and get praises by the uninformed. All the while being a treadmill team.

I think one of the most frustrating parts about bringing Vucevic back long-term to stay in contention is that we literally just drafted a kid with a torn ACL and were told we’d be taking the patient route and not doing anything foolish that would hinder us in team building.

46 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

***** the lakers.

Literally my random thoughts everyday regarding the NBA.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I can't believe I have to watch vucevic for 11 years

And watching us cater to his playing style at the sacrifice of Aaron Gordon’s potential stardom for 9 years...

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I can't believe I have to watch vucevic for 11 years

It’s crazy. Absolutely crazy. He seriously played us. I think the worse thing that could have happened to this franchise was him making an all star team. The casuals just ran with that and the front office totally pandered to all of it. 

That and us making the playoffs. It just ruined things. Patience my ass. The guy with the torn ACL makes so much sense now. 

I wish Hammond and welt were on twitter. 

If Vuc shoots under 35% from deep and plays defense like every other season except the last he will be one of the worst contracts in the league. He will still get good numbers because the offense will run through him but it won't be a reflection on how good he is for the team.

I feel like the FO is smart enough to see this. They must have had pressure from above or got scared of bad PR/fan backlash if we let our first all star since Dwight walk.

17 minutes ago, The Boss said:

If Vuc shoots under 35% from deep and plays defense like every other season except the last he will be one of the worst contracts in the league. He will still get good numbers because the offense will run through him but it won't be a reflection on how good he is for the team.

I feel like the FO is smart enough to see this. They must have had pressure from above or got scared of bad PR/fan backlash if we let our first all star since Dwight walk.

Vuc has always put up solid numbers. They’re just empty and you see what he does in the playoffs. His best two season were in contract years. I agree with your second paragraph for sure. I mean go on twitter or the magic sub Reddit and if you say you don’t like this signing everyone literally says “he was an all star”. Its pathetic but it worked for vuc and duped our front office.