Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We wouldn't give up a first at all. It's more likely we'd get a first.

I think something like this is going to happen:

Wiggins for Fournier and Mozgov with Mozgov going to a third team with a draft pick edit: not our draft pick, Minnesota's.

Plus teague to Phoenix. 

When you first look at this you think "No" but upon further examination.   I assume we resign and  keep Vuc but if we get rid of Fournier I am OK with that.  I am tired of the Fournier/Vuc failure and prefer getting rid of both but one is a start.  I would like being active for once.  A change of scenery for Wiggins might do wonders.  It did for Russell who LA said, in essence was a mistake and was a failure.  Just think it has been awhile since we had two #1 picks on our roster (even though this is not exactly the same).  I also assume Wiggins can transition to SG since I think he has played SF in Minny.  Our roster would look pretty impressive ON PAPER!

This is so upsetting. Meanwhile, Sacramento is focusing on Dedmond, which only takes another team out of the Vooch bidding process. I really hope that if we sign Vooch the last year is a team option.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So depressing. I just don't see why we want him that bad. We are destined for mediocrity now. Good job Magic. 

1 minute ago, The Boss said:

So depressing. I just don't see why we want him that bad. We are destined for mediocrity now. Good job Magic. 

To think I just moved back to Orlando and was about to buy season tix 

3 minutes ago, The Boss said:

It’s the years. It just makes no sense. Bamba is gone now. He has no value here. We really just out bid ourselves on Vuch. Crazy. 25 mil average. Yikes. Just so awful. I really don’t think another team in the league was giving him that. This is pathetic. Did we hire Rob back? He has to be behind this. 

Why was Bamba selected instead of a guard like Gilgeous-Alexander with management knowing Vucevic could possibly stay long-term in a year? His value is now capped at whatever he can generate from 16 MPG playing alongside bench guards. Other teams can just low-ball us knowing he'll have to be moved eventually.

Complete mismanagement of an asset.

5 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Why was Bamba selected instead of a guard like Gilgeous-Alexander with management knowing Vucevic could possibly stay long-term in a year? His value is now capped at whatever he can generate from 16 MPG playing alongside bench guards.

Complete mismanagement of an asset.

Yep. In hindsight, we should’ve done everything in our power to get Trae Young last year if the move was to just keep Vucevic