Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

27 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Augustin/Fultz/MCW*

Wiggins/Ross/Frazier

Isaac/Iwundu/Okeke

Gordon/???/Jefferson

Vucevic/Birch*/Bamba

That team should win like 45 games maybe. 

I will say as miserable and deflating as I feel towards the Vuc deal (oh, and it’s miserable) there better be more to that. If it’s just throw a lot of years and money at Vuc and Ross and court the same lineup next year it’d be really head scratching. I would hope there’s more to the plan then that. 

3 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

I'd take the risk on that deal. Dude averaged 23.6 a game at age 21. 

Remember when we were tanking and afflalo averaged 22 per game for 3 months because we had nobody else who could get their shot so we just let afflalo do everything until oladipo and Harris were ready?

There's a real good chance Wiggins is like that. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Remember when we were tanking and afflalo averaged 22 per game for 3 months because we had nobody else who could get their shot so we just let afflalo do everything until oladipo and Harris were ready?

There's a real good chance Wiggins is like that. 

Then we are stuck fighting for 1st round exits like we will be now anyway if we give Vuc that contract. 

2 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Then we are stuck fighting for 1st round exits like we will be now anyway if we give Vuc that contract. 

Yeah. Hence my feeling. 

If Wiggins is being traded (seems like he is) he's not going to a top 10 team. They already have the top talent so it doesn't make sense for them to take the risk. 

He's not going to a tanking team. They're interested in taking short term bad contracts, not looking at being saddled with a bad contract for 4 years. 

He's not going to a team looking to use cap space this summer. 

He's going to draw interest from teams stuck in the middle who are good but lack elite talent and who don't have cap room. 

He's going to get traded to the magic, Detroit, Miami, or maaaaaybe Indiana with the type of team they have and with oladipo's injury. 

Also probably Cleveland because they're dumb and don't know what they want to be. 

13 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Yep. A team that's capped out that needs a bold move. 

Do we think we’ve truly capped out at this point though? I think Isaac / Gordon can still make big strides this season, as they have each of the last 2. Bamba and Fultz both have potential but time is still uncertain on their time tables. 

What I don’t want is us rushing the process as we did before when we had Oladipo, Harris, and Harkless.