Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

22 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I'm not saying it would be the wrong thing to do after the fact.  I'm saying that decision in the first place (which might be happening) is flooring given our FO's philosophy.

In other words, just picking Vooch over Bamba in a vacuum is weird.  Weltman & Hammond doing it?  Wouldn't have believed it.

Couldn’t agree more. It goes against literally everything Wes/Ham have said and tried to build too. Just makes zero sense. 

5 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Multiple drinks and we can start before noon, right?

Sure.  Considering I'm not much of a drinker and also am at work, you can tell how much this potential decision is distressing me if I'm ready for that.

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. If we keep vucevic for 4 years we need to trade Bamba. It doesn't make sense to invest in a guy we won't get use out of

I think if we resign Vuc that is inevitable.  If I am Bamba's agent I am in his ear saying to demand a trade.   Too much money on the table and some team will want him based on potential.  Not a good lockerroom scenario to have.  I do not like the idea, though.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Sure.  Considering I'm not much of a drinker and also am at work, you can tell how much this potential decision is distressing me if I'm ready for that.

You are in good company and I do not drink much either but I am hearing my bourbon bottle call my name over this.  This is one time I am hoping for "fake" news. 

Hey - you guys remember when I told you I had a friend with connections within the Magic that said Bamba wasn’t jelling with other players and that his drive / work ethic was suspect and it was starting to become a concern amongst members of the organization?

If we sign Vuc and trade Bamba, I’ll consider this confirmation my insider was correct and the Magic are jumping ship on the potential of Bamba. 

Still holding out hope, but if true, I can’t imagine any other reason. 

• Upvote 2

Kemba to Boston is just about guaranteed 

Klay staying in Oakland for the 5 year max

A lot of smoke around Horford to New Orleans

Denver picks up Millsap’s 30 M team option...

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Hey - you guys remember when I told you I had a friend with connections within the Magic that said Bamba wasn’t jelling with other players and that his drive / work ethic was suspect and it was starting to become a concern amongst members of the organization?

If we sign Vuc and trade Bamba, I’ll consider this confirmation my insider was correct and the Magic are jumping ship on the potential of Bamba. 

Makes sense. Mo was knocked for his inconsistency in college, too. I’d still rather not give Vooch a long deal. We’ll find out soon enough.

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Mo for J.Brown. 

Get it done.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I have a feeling we're trading for Wiggins. 

Eh, probably something you ate. You haven’t been to DR lately have you?

Seriously...What gives you that feeling?

• Like 1