Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

Can't find the exact quote right now at work, but I keep thinking of Weltman's quote at the start of the summer.  It was something along the lines of 'we don't want to pay a dollar more than we have to in free agency, and if that extra dollar matters to the player, that's probably not the kind of player we want anyway'.

That's a fairly hard stance to put out there.  If Stein's tweet is true, maybe it means that the 4/$90 is Weltman's line in the sand?  As in "here's what we're willing to offer you.  If you get more money elsewhere, it's up to you to decide whether to take the extra cash or the stability".

Just trying to come up with some sort of explanation for a bad deal.

Thinking more about it, the language "in excess of 90 million" 

I bet it's a heavily incentivized contract to get to that number. 

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Perhaps we're doing a sign and trade of Fournier and Bamba for Russell. Or Brogdon. Or someone else amazing. Let's go!

We should leak that.  You know if we trade Bamba then he is destined to become a really good player, maybe an All Star.  We are good at doing that.  

Trading Bamba -- the living/breathing embodiment of WeltHam's entire basketball philosophy -- in favor of a long-term commitment to Vooch would truly be one of the most shocking things this organization has ever done.  That would floor me.  And yet somehow step one of that process (signing Vooch) appears to be on the horizon.  I need a drink.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Trading Bamba -- the living/breathing embodiment of WeltHam's entire basketball philosophy -- in favor of a long-term commitment to Vooch would truly be one of the most shocking things this organization has ever done.  That would floor me.  And yet somehow step one of that process (signing Vooch) appears to be on the horizon.  I need a drink.

Nah. If we keep vucevic for 4 years we need to trade Bamba. It doesn't make sense to invest in a guy we won't get use out of

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. If we keep vucevic for 4 years we need to trade Bamba. It doesn't make sense to invest in a guy we won't get use out of

I'm not saying it would be the wrong thing to do after the fact.  I'm saying that decision in the first place (which might be happening) is flooring given our FO's philosophy.

In other words, just picking Vooch over Bamba in a vacuum is weird.  Weltman & Hammond doing it?  Wouldn't have believed it.

13 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I'm not saying it would be the wrong thing to do after the fact.  I'm saying that decision in the first place (which might be happening) is flooring given our FO's philosophy.

In other words, just picking Vooch over Bamba in a vacuum is weird.  Weltman & Hammond doing it?  Wouldn't have believed it.

Yep

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

They are not making moves to please fans. To me that's nonsense. Not being rude at all. If that's the case we are in much much much worse shape than I even thought. 

Vooch is a good player. He's a walking 20 & 10 on a off night. 

I'm not defending him but let's juts see what happens here. Management will definitely have a plan and they do not budge. WeltHam have been in this game far too long to not know whats what.

Why do you think they brought BHill back to coach? Because he was tearing it up after he left? 

18 minutes ago, ML6 said:

It would be but weren’t we shopping Mo at the deadline?

29 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Multiple drinks and we can start before noon, right?